Chapter 7

Louis' POV

I huffed in frustration as I watched Lorena and Caitlyn leave the club. This could have been my night! I could have finally gotten Lorena into my bed and prove to my friends that I really could have any girl I wanted. And then this happens.

I turned around, anger boiling inside me, and searched for Devon. How could he fuck up our plan like this? We agreed he'd pretend to be interested in Caitlyn so I could have some time with Lorena, because I know she would never go out with me alone. And he tells Caitlyn he has a girlfriend?

I finally found him at the bar, sitting with him head bowed down, looking at the bottle of beer in his hands.

"What the fuck?" I shouted, standing in front of him. He looked up at me and shrugged.

"I couldn't do it," He said looking at me, his face blank.

"Couldn't do what? Entertain the bitch?" I snapped, even angrier with his excuse.

Devon furrowed his eyebrows. "Don't talk about her like that," He snapped back at me and I was literally taken aback.

"I'm not like you, Lou. I can't play with girls like that, I don't have it in me." He shook his head and brought the green bottle to his mouth, taking a sip.

"Yeah, but couldn't you at least pretend to be interested in her? Did you have to tell her you have a girlfriend? You don't even have one!" I shouted, not wanting to believe my plan hadn't worked.

"I didn't want to lead her on. She's a great girl, she doesn't deserve to be played," Devon explained and I felt as if I were talking to my dad.

I gaped at him for a few seconds, the fact that our plan had failed slowly sinking in. I sighed and slowly sat next to him, taking my beer from earlier and emptying half of the bottle in two sips.

I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't. It was the perfect plan. I'd make Lorena believe I'm not the womanizer that I am, then maybe get her drunk, offer to take her to her dorm and have my way with her there. It would have gone so smoothly if I had picked the right person to help me.

"You're an idiot, Dev." I shook my head, staring into space.

Devon stood up and dropped 10 pounds on the bar. "Yeah, well, maybe you should be more like me. That way you might not be as bitter as you are now," He said with a forced smile on his face, and left me at the bar.

I huffed, what he had just said was just dumb. I should be more like him? What, have long term relationships and fall in love with a girl, get married and only have sex with her for the rest of my life? None of the above sounded appealing to me. I just wanted Lorena so I could prove something. And if that meant that I had to act like I was genuinely interested in her in a romantic way, then so be it.

*******

Lorena's POV

I did feel bad about leaving like that last night, for leaving Louis like that. However, I was also grateful, because I would have made a big mistake if Caitlyn hadn't dragged me out of the club. I should also thank Devon for mentioning he has a girlfriend in the perfect moment.

I sighed, it was Monday and I was in my first period of the day, Renaissance Literature. It was the most boring subject of all, a lot like History of Magic in Hogwarts. You get the idea.

The good parts of the day were the fact that I didn't have third and fourth period, and that I wouldn't get to see Louis. After last night, I just felt weird about seeing him. It would be too awkward.

After second period I decided to spend my free ones in the dorm with Caitlyn, since we both chose German over French. Which didn't really turn out to be a good idea.