Chapter 21

~A/N~

Ok so this is the longest chapter I've written, I got a bit carried away! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! :D

*******

"Did you see that? I think she moved."

"Yeah, she's waking up."

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, before opening them. I saw two women, dressed in white, sitting on chairs next to me.

"Morning, honey, how are you feeling?" I blinked at the brunette as I sat up in my bed, and took in my surroundings. I was at a hospital? "What am I doing here?" I asked, my voice hoarse, and my head spinning a little.

"You've had a medium allergic reaction," The other brunette said and I had to process her answer for a second, and remember what had happened the night before. I closed my eyes as images of Louis and that ice cream parlour invaded my mind. Oh boy... That was some date.

"Oh my God," I said through a sigh and rubbed my face. He took me out and ordered peanut butter ice cream at that shop. For a moment I felt angry, but then I remembered I'd never even told him about my allergy.

"Are you feeling well now? Are you nauseous, hungry, anything?" I shook my head frantically at the thought of hospital food. Even if I were starving; never, in a million years. "No, no, I'm fine. I'm fine." I blinked another few times, to clear up my vision, and noticed the two nurses smiling at me.

"Well, okay then. Um..." One of them said as they both stood up. "You have a visitor. It's a boy, he's been here all morning. Do you think you can handle talking to people right now?" I nodded before she even finished her sentence. "Yeah, I can," I said as I yawned and sat up straighter, kind of anxious to see Louis after our ruined date last night. The nurses left and I could hear voices from outside the room.

"Is she okay? Am I safe to go in there?" I heard his voice and couldn't help but giggle. He was trying to be funny, yet I could hear the concern in his voice all the way from outside the room. A few seconds later, a stuffed bear peeked at me from the door.

"Hi!" Louis said in a high pitched voice, taking the bear's arm to wave at me. I just had to laugh; he was unbelievable. "Hi," I said groggily, and Louis slowly walked into the room, holding the bear over his face the entire time.

"I'm so sorry, please don't kill me." His voice was muffled by the back of the toy's head, and I just chuckled.

"I'm not going to kill you. I'm unable to do it," I joked and Louis finally revealed his face, as he put the stuffed animal next to me. He took that as an opportunity to lean further down and hug me. "I'm really sorry," Was all he said as we stayed like that for an entire minute maybe. I wrapped my arms around his torso as tightly as I could, while he rubbed my back and planted a couple of kisses on my shoulder.

"Don't be. I'm feeling fine." It wasn't the first time someone had accidentally tried to kill me with peanuts, and I had a tendency not to get angry about it if doesn't turn out to be that bad. I know, I was too nice. I just couldn't help myself.

"The nurses said they might release you by tonight," Louis said as he pulled away, and sat on a chair. Only he brought it closer to the bed so he could hold my hand.

"That's great," I said through a sigh, playing with the duvet. There was a long silence as we both tried to find some sort of a distraction, and it was killing me to the point where I had to squeeze my eyes shut so no tears would form.

"Look," Louis started a few minutes later, and finally looked up at me.

"I know you're angry with me and probably hate me, I mean, I got you fucking hospitalized." He shook his head, looking like he was having a hard time believing that what he had just said was true. "But I didn't want to hurt you, I'd never do such a thing. I just..." He trailed off.