Chapter 4

I tried suppressing a smile as I walked down the hallway, headed toward my favorite class, Dactylography. If you're planning on being a writer, you had to know how to type fast!

The thought of having Dactylography as a double class today made me smile wider. Two hours of nothing but typing was my idea of a perfect class.

I jogged for a few meters before I was in front of the computer cabinet. I inhaled and entered it, where I was greeted by a good part of my friends. About five were missing but I shrugged, some of them might have slept in. And there were still five minutes left before class started. They'll show up any minute now, I'm sure.

"Good morning, Mr. Maxwell," I smiled at my teacher, who was drinking coffee and reading newspapers in order to kill time until class started. He looked up at me and smiled back.

"Morning Lorena," he smiled warmly at me. I loved Mr. Maxwell, he was one of the best teachers here, and everybody loved him.

"Oh, that reminds me," he said and sat up straight. "Lorena, Claire wants you to go and rehearse this play for the end of the school year. I let the others who had parts go too," I felt my heart drop. Claire was Miss Dawson's first name, which meant that not only I'd be missing Dactylography, but I'd also have to see Louis. And maybe kiss him.

"Mr. Maxwell, do I have to?" desperation was obvious in my voice. The idea of maybe having to kiss Louis today was the least appealing thought that's gone through my head today.

Mr. Maxwell sighed. "Look, you're only gonna be doing that for one class. Don't think you're gonna miss both Dactylography classes, Lorena," he grinned up at me. On multiple occasions, he'd noticed/been told that his class is my favorite.

It was my turn to sigh. "Alright. Where is this rehearsal being held?"

"Amphitheater 72," Mr. Maxwell said with a satisfied smile. After saying goodbye to him and the friends of mine that stayed in the cabinet, I was on my way to amphitheater 72.

It was in another building, so I entered it just as the bell rung. There were about 10-15 people in there, and most of them turned around to look at who came in.

"Ah, Lorena!" Miss Dawson was grinning while walking toward me, looking in an oddly good mood. "You made it! Please join us," she practically walked me down the room, her arm on my back. It was weird seeing her like this, but then I remembered she'd dedicated her life to acting, so I could only imagine how much she must be already enjoying this.

"Okay, everyone, take your places! First scene, Evan and Milo are sitting at the bar! Come on boys!" Miss Dawson exclaimed, and soon, Evan and Milo were sitting at this imaginary bar. I was sitting in the back with the others, observing the two guys.

"Hey," someone whispered, and I turned to my left only to find Louis taking a seat next to me. My heart instantly sped up, even though he couldn't do much while Miss Dawson and a dozen of other people were there.

"Hi," I said slowly and continued watching the first scene of the play. Louis was practically laying in his seat, while I was sitting up straight and tensed, both my arms on the long desk in front of me.

All of the scenes were pretty short, approximately 5-8 minutes, and just when Evan and Kylie kissed, the bell rang. As soon as it did, I felt like I had lost 20 pounds; I wasn't going to kiss Louis today!

I stood up with everyone else, ready to run out of the amphitheater, when Miss Dawson started shouting.

"Everyone! Get back in your seats! We're continuing this throughout the pause as well!" she shouted and I cursed under my breath. I was after all going to kiss Louis.