Who Are They?

Reece's P.O.V:

As I open the front door of my house, a blast of a delicious smell hits me. I walk into the kitchen to see what my dad's doing. He's kneeling in front of the oven. I walk over and kneel down, looking in as well, putting my head next to his.

''Looks nice, doesn't it?''

''Yeah it does.''

''I made that, I did.'' he says proudly, a faint smile on his face. I notice a few lines in his forehead and a few grey hairs in his chestnut colour hair.

''Yeah, with a packet mix.'' I say, teasing him. My dad's actually a very good cook.

''No, I did actually make it. It's for the new neighbours, if they come round later.''

''Oh, cool Dad, thanks for making me one.'' I say sarcastically, grinning. I don't really mind. I just like teasing my dad.

''Well, I'll make you one if you like.''

''Nah, I'm okay. I don't mind.''

''Okay then. Do you want to come meet the neighbours?''

''Er, no, thanks. I've got plenty of homework to do. I'll meet them later.'' I go up to my room and put my bag on the floor, not really planning to meet the new neighbours at all. I jump onto my bed just as my Nokia rings.

''Hey Reece!''

''Hi Jolie.''

''I asked him about that girl.''

''Oh, right. What did he say?'' I stretch on my bed.

''He said that he doesn't even know the girl. And he says that the girl said that her friends had dared her to go up to him and kiss him. She's got some guts I'll give her that.'' says Jolie laughing.

''Right, okay. So they aren't going out or anything?'' I pull a face.

''No Reece. I said, they're not going out, he doesn't even know her.'' she sounds impatient.

''Okay, look, I've gotta get on with my homework. I've got an essay that has to be in on Monday. I haven't even started it.''

''Right, okay then. See ya later!''

''Bye.''

I get up and walk to my front window. I've got two windows in my room. One has the view of the road and the opposite houses, the other shows my next door neighbour's house.

I see my dad walking over the road with the oven gloves still on. He obviously forgot. Embarrassing. I put my music on and sit down on my big window seat with my homework and I Don't Care by Fall Out Boys playing. Suddenly I frown, Harry and Zayn popping into my mind. That's them. Harry and Zayn from One Direction are in my school. Holy fucking shit and I hadn't really realized although I recognised them faintly. Wow.

I mean, I'm not a Directioner or anything, I think they're cool and good-looking but I haven't got many posters of them or anything of them at all so I don't keep that up to date with them.

I start singing along with the song, the music lifting up my mood. I look over to the house diagonally opposite and at our new neighbours.

There are six boys helping a woman unload a removal van. I see two blonde heads. One of them is Ray's. I see three brown heads and one black one.

Thats about all I can see from the view of my window. I see Dad standing and talking to the woman. She's blonde. She's got straight long blonde hair, similar to me except mine is curly. I see the woman ask my dad - Jay - to come in, talking and chatting happily. I see the boys carry on taking things out of the van and then my dad comes out again just as our house phone rings.