The Great Escape

A/N: definitely not my best, in fact, it kinda sucks,but I wanted to update. Lol hope you like it anyways

~~~~~~~

I stand up immediately, the cold sensation of dread washing through my body. His face is stony, not even the slightest bit of emotion being expressed on his face. It's like he doesn't recognize me. Which is bullshit, seeing as how he destroyed my life.

"What the hell is this?" I spit at Isabelle, my eyes never leaving his face.

"Jess, sit down." she snaps. "You know how it works."

"How what works?" I snap through clenched teeth. "Why did you bring him in."

"What?" now she just sounds confused. "What are you talking about?"

I don't get a chance to start my next sentence. Cyron stands up with me, his expression now slightly amused. Still, his eyes show no recognition.

"Jessica King. I'm under the impression that I am the interrogator. Therefore, I will be asking the questions. So I would appreciate it if you would please take a seat."

My eyes finally shift away from his eyes to meet Isabelle's furious ones. She slowly approaches me, a fiery light in her eyes. When she reaches my side, she places a hand with a steel-grip on my shoulder.

"Jessica." she says with exaggerated patience. "Sit. Down."

I don't move an inch, staring her down. Finally, with a grunt of annoyance, she breaks contact.

"I didn't want to have to do this." she sighs. "Boys, load her up."

They've barely taken two steps when Cyron jerks his hand.

"Let me." he says.

Before she can even consent, his hand, moving with lightening speed, snatches the syringe-that seemed to magically appear-out of Ryder's hand. By the time he's injected it into the underside of my arm, it's too late. But I scream anyways as the blue light flashes under my arm.

"What is that?" Isabelle yells.

Cyron rolls his eyes. My scream and the high level of adrenaline in the room fades as the blue light does.

"Your truth serum." Cyron says dryly.

"Truth serum?" I demand, banging my fists against the table.

His mouth quirks. "Mmm."

"First of all," I snap, pointing a finger at Isabelle. "Why the fuck did you give me a truth serum? And second," I move my finger in front of Cyron's face. "If its a truth serum, why did Isabelle ask what it was? And what was the blue light? I've seen truth serums before and they sure as hell do not glow blue."