Desperate Measures

"I don't think she's going to be let out anytime soon."

"What? When I came by yesterday you said she was going to make a full recovery."

"Yes, but that was before this happened."

"For fuck's sake could you please tell me what this is?! Her freaking out at the tube?"

"I'm sorry, but we aren't entirely sure either."

"Well you must be. What could've possibly happened from the time that I was here yesterday to now?"

My expression is blank as I watch Jason and the nurse argue back and forth. The nurse, though a middle aged woman, looks ready to punch Jason in the face. The other, nicer nurse, he was currently administering medicine to me through a tube. Jason runs his fingers through his hair and yanks, like he's trying to pull it out. He gives me another desperate, terrified look before returning to his screaming match.

He's right. About being confused. When he came yesterday, I was fine. It was only after he came that I became... un-fine.

After Larissa paid her visit, I wasn't really as numb as I am now. In fact, I tried to attack her. Rip her eyes out. Suffocate her. But then Roy came in and knocked me out.

I didn't wake up until the next day when Jason was sitting on my bed. I started to tell him what was happening, when I saw the tube. Inserted with a needle on the underside of my arm, near the crook of my elbow. I screamed so loudly I'm pretty sure I broke a few eardrums. Then I tried to savagely rip the tube out of my arm. Of course, it wouldn't come out. It just kept dripping a clear fluid into my arm. All I did was cause blood to start gushing.

Jason panicked, ran outside for help and then was kept outside. They wouldn't let him come back in no matter what which is how the screaming started. I'm jerked back to the present when the nurse pats me on the head. I would've scowled, but I just feel... numb.

They never wanted me to go against the Greeks. It's a relief, but this is so much worse. Being turned into a roman weapon is a thousand times worse then giving away a few secrets.

"Just let me talk to her. I might be able to get something out of her."

The nurse shakes her head. "I told you, we're moving her. Larissa's orders. She's considered dangerous now. The way she blew up Opaque, she'd have no problem blowing this place up too."

"I don't see how that has anything to do with me talking to her." Jason forces out through gritted teeth.

"Because she's dangerous." the nurse repeats, seething now. "The nurse in with her now is a descendant of Poseidon. You cannot go in there."

"Jess!" Jason yells, opting to ignore the nurse. "I'll find you and I'll get you out."

"Oh for Jupiter's sake, fine. You have ten minutes." the nurse barks, rolling her eyes in contempt.

Jason's running for the door before she even finishes her words. It slides open for him now and he barges in. The male nurse steps out of the room as Jason throws himself at me. His arms wrap themselves around my body. I can feel the hard bands of muscle against my skin as he tightens his grip. When he finally releases, I'm still stiff and unmoving as a rock.

"Jess, what's wrong?" he whispers. "Whatever it is you can tell me. I doubt they're listening in now."

I don't respond.

"Is it something to do with Larissa? I'll help you do whatever you need to do."

I want to grin. He's too smart for his own damn good. I want to say something more then ever now, but I can't.