Opaque

"Roy's out of the infirmary." John announces to me six hours later.

My room door whacks the wall with a bang as he enters. I grumble and turn off the TV, stretching and letting my hair fan out behind me. Then I roll around to face him.

"It took them six hours to patch him up? Gods I kicked his ass so bad." I snort.

"You might want to be careful." John suggests. "He's out for you."

"He was out for me the moment I turned him into a crispy Roy without the stove." I shrug.

John laughs and takes a running leap for my bed. "He wasn't really a crispy Roy. He was more like a boiled Roy."

"You're gonna be a boiled, crispy John if you don't get off my bed!" I bark.

He totally ignores that and props his head on his elbows, yawning loudly. I squirt a stream of water up his nose in response. The look on his face practically causes me to start choking. On my laughter. I mimic his position and let him cough it out, a smirk plastered wide across my face.

"That." he splutters. "Was," another cough. "evil."

"Thank you. Much appreciated." I grin.

He coughs a while longer before he can finally catch his breath again. "So what's the plan? Whatcha gonna do about him?"

I collapse onto the bed next to him and sigh dramatically.

"I don't want to do anything right now." I whine, covering my eyes. "The stink of your romannessish is driving me insane. I need to get out!"

John gives me a dirty look and I reply with one of more venom. I wasn't kidding. Being around all these Romans is making my skin crawl.

"There's a party going on near the west side." John finally shrugs. "I have a friend who could get us in."

"Perfect." I yell, bolting up. "Lets go!"

He laughs, not moving a muscle. "Hold your horses princess. Party starts at nine. It's seven thirty right now."

"It's seven thirty!?" I shriek, bouncing up and down on my knees. "Get up and get out! I need to get dressed and so do you!"

He groans and moves a couple inches to the side.

"I said up lazy-ass!" I scream.

He winces, covering his ears and moves a few inches more. I narrow my eyes and push back non-existent sleeves. I put my hands on his back and push as hard as I can.

For a second, it doesn't seem like anythings happening. Then his arse is sprawled across the floor and he's off the bed.

"But it's so comfy here." he complains. "And it's so uncomfy there."

"My floor is comfier then your room?" I snort.

"Yes." he pouts.

"Well too bad." I retort. "Anyways, you have to go get Jason."

John sighs aggravatedly. "Fine. I'll go. Just for you."

I smile triumphantly and wave him off. "Go on then."

He rolls his eyes and picks himself up and off the floor. I blink once and he's gone.

~~~~~~~~

I stand in the mirror, nervously inspecting myself. I mean obviously, I've been to parties before, but still, never a real one where I knew people. I'm half wishing that Larissa was here to give me pointers.

I had decided to go with a pair of fuchsia pumps and crisscross straps. And since I'd already decided on the shoes, I just paired it with a simple black body-con dress with wide shoulder straps to match. Of course, I didn't actually know if it worked so I threw on a pair of gold earrings with pink detailing. And just for a little extra glam, I tried applying mascara and swiped on a coat of a bright red lipstick.