Chapter 19

Logan's POV

Her body was cold in my arms. When the paramedics arrived, it was too late. She had been dead for more than a minute, two minutes, I don't know. Either way, she was dead. My mate.

They tried to take her away from me, but I growled and snarled and never let her go. Aunt Claudette and Star cried together in Ryder's arms. She was Star's best friend, Aunt Claudette's favorite student, Ryder's friend and Luna. Tyler's family was brought backstage. Her mother sobbed into her husband's arms while his face lost all color. Frankie ran to the bathroom, sick over the sight of his dead sister. Tori, however, was next to me with a smile on her face. I stared at her, thinking she was immoral and sick in the head for smiling at such a grim matter. "Don't be sad, Logan." She said, patting my shoulder. "She's going to be okay. She's all better now!"

My eyes turned black in anger, "She's not better! She'll never be better!" I began to sob over my love's body. "She's dead!"

"You're wrong, mister. She's not dead." She glared at me before pointing towards the corpse. "She'll come back. Just you wait!"

I felt my body shaking, ready to shift at the child's words. "Tori! What did you say?" Her mother ran over and grabbed her by the shoulders. "Tell me honey, what did you say?"

Tori's eyes clouded over as she spoke to her mother, "I told you before: Tyler has to die to stay alive. She will return, evolved and advised." After the final word, she fainted into her mothers arms.

In my distracted state, the medics took her body away. Tears clouded my vision as I witnessed her being covered with the white blanket. Tyler's father spoke with the medic, who had a dazed look in his eyes. He was being hypnotized; I listened in on the conversation to find that the body was to be brought to the Calypso house immediately. Everyone headed out but I stayed behind with one thing on my mind.

I had to find Kaiden Bradley.

~~

"I heard you were looking for me?" The familiar man leaning against my car asked. I didn't bother to ask how he knew I was looking for him, I didn't care. I growled and shifted right away. The vampire rolled his eyes stood up. "I'm not here to fight, mutt."

"You!" I was still so angry, I leaped forward with a snarling mouth. I went straight for his neck, blinded by the numbness of depression.

Kaiden hissed and tossed me to the side effortlessly. "What are you doing you dumb dog?!" I attacked once again but he caught me by the neck and suspended me in the air. "Shift back so we can handle this like responsible adults!"

He dropped me the the ground and tossed me his jacket. I shifted back and covered myself. "She's dead." I snarled.

Kaiden tensed as his head snapped to the side. "What?"

"She just died, damnit! You were supposed to be healing her, and she died!" I yelled through clenched teeth.

"It wasn't- she was supposed to have longer! It's too early!" He looked around in disbelief.

I shoved him out of my way and got into my car. I sped towards Tyler's house but when I looked back, Kaiden wasn't there.

~~~~

I stormed through the front door of the Calypso house. The home smelled strange, nothing human about it. Instead of calling out for the family, I searched the house. As I wandered up the stairs, the smell got stronger and stronger. Then I got to Tyler's room.

"Wait! Don't go in there!" Kaiden yelled from behind. I spun around, accidentally almost hitting him in the jaw for sneaking up on me. "Something's wrong."

"No shit Sherlock! Why do you think I was going in there?" I huffed and reached for the door handle.

Kaiden grabbed me and yanked me back. "No, I don't think you understand pup. The scent coming from that room is a strong one. Who ever it belongs to is strong and more powerful than you and I together. It's not human and it's not good."

"How do you know? What is it?" I asked curiously, anxious to get to whatever was inside.

He seemed unnerved and guarded. "It's some form of... No, it can't be! I don't completely know. But it's strong and I'm most certain that it's not going to be pretty..." He must have forgot the first question. He began to talk to himself, whispering things about his blood. He looked terrified as a look of realization crossed his face. Pure fear lit his eyes as if he created a monster that couldn't be stopped. I was about to comment on it until the smell of smoke and burning fabrics interrupted me.

I took a whiff, and locked my eyes to the bottom of the bedroom door. "Have mercy..." Kaiden whispered to himself. He was nearly shaking.

"Get water or a fire extinguisher, something! Hurry!" I yelled at him. He vanished instantly. Grabbing the door handle, I was burned from the heat. I used the bottom of my shirt to grasp the metal piece and shook it, but it was locked.

"Are you going to open the door or not?" Kaiden hissed. "I highly suggest that you don't."

"Do you suggest we just leave the house to burn down? Leave the family homeless after the death of their eldest daughter?" I shoved him, causing him to spill a little of the bucket of water he had.

"Then open the damned thing!" He growled back.

Angrily, I kicked the door open, immediately getting hit in the face with the heat. The smoke instantly flooded out the door, giving a clear view of the cause of the fire.

It was the bed. Flames danced over the top like a party from hell. The red flower lit the dark room and showed the main source of flames. It wasn't a what, it was who. Completely untouched by ash and flame, almost like the flames were protecting rather than destroying.

On the bed was a body; beautiful, at peace, untouched and pure. Almost like sleeping beauty, was Tyler Calypso.