Chapter 8

"Ma, I'm home!" No answer. "I brought a friend!" Now she reacts. Her feet scampered down the steps and a vase crashed into the wooden floor.

"Where!?" She slid towards us on her socks. Once she saw Logan, she gazed up in amazement. "Is he real?" She poked around on his face.

"Um I think so?" He laughed. My mother screamed and hugged him. "What's happening?"

I was too busy laughing at his scared face to answer. My mom finally let him go and squashed his face. "He's so cute!" She gushed. All of a sudden, she became serious and stepped back with a suspicious look. "Why are you hanging around my daughter?"

"Mom! What's so wrong about me having actual friends?"

She rolled her eyes, "Nothing! It's just, you're antisocial and...and weird but he's... I mean just look at him!" Logan took a step back with a blush fanned across his face.

"I-uh...thank you, ma'am. But my intentions with you daughter are pure. I would like to ask for you and your husband's permission to ask Tyler to be my girlfriend." He flashed a charming smile, hypnotic even. I gasped and whipped my head to face him. All he was supposed to do was introduce himself and go. Now it would get awkward and mom will start planning our wedding and making arrangements; she's so smitten with Logan it's sickening!

Mom squealed and ran up the stairs. Logan glanced at me with a sparkle in his eyes. Feet pounded down the stairs in a rush and in slid my parents. Dad stiffened and glared, "Who are you?"

Logan stuck out his hand shaking my fathers, "My name is Logan Lakota, sir. It's nice to finally meet you."

Mom giggled and latched onto my father's arm. "Isn't he polite, George? He has something to ask."

Logan nervously chuckled, "Sir, I'd like to ask your permission to-"

Mom cut him off and jumped up and down excited, "He wants permission to be our baby's boyfriend!"

"Dahlia, please! Let the boy speak." He father smirked at Logan and crossed his arms. "So you want to go out with my daughter, huh?"

"Yes, sir." Logan stayed calm with a smile. My dad scanned his eyes over him. Finally, he lost his smirk and it was replaced with a scowl. A narrow-eyed glare settled on Logan.

"But why?"

I groaned, "Not you too!" I am perfectly capable of having a hot guy as a boyfriend! My dad shrugged his shoulders saying a sorry, but we all knew he wasn't.

"Well, she is one of the most amazing people that I have ever met. She's smart, and kind, and-"

"We get it you like her." My brother Frankie walked into the room. My dad and I rolled our eyes.

"So you don't plan on humping and dumping her?" He raised an eyebrow. Logan let out a wholehearted laugh and shook his head.

"Never my intention, sir."

Dad looked down at a smiling mom while Frankie stayed leaned up against the wall looking bored. "You're a strange boy, but I like you. I really didn't expect you to ask for permission, but you have it." Logan smiled from ear to ear. "Just don't hurt my daughter," Dad growled playfully.

Logan looked down to me with his bright glistening eyes, "I promise, I won't." I smiled up at him. Although I was extremely embarrassed before, I was comfortable and surprisingly happy. It was a surprise to everyone what Logan did, but it was a good one.