Chapter 22

As the flames on my paws burned out, I stalked towards the boys with my head low. Logan was shaking angrily at Kaiden as he stared Logan down, "I was trying to turn her into a vampire originally, I had no idea that this would happen."

"You were going to change her without her consent!" Logan roared, shoving Kaiden harshly.

Kaiden let out a menacing laugh, "If she knew she was dying she would have said yes. Besides when she turned, you wouldn't have a chance with her. She'd out live you and would never be able to produce a future alpha. She would be mine and mine only."

"You selfish son of a b-" I cut Logan off with a feral growl. They then realized how close I was and how angry I was as well. My tongue smacked over my teeth; Kaiden's eyes widened and Logan cursed under his breath. I crept forward ready to pounce but a car pulled up in the driveway. Sniffing the air, I knew it was my family along with Star, Ryder, and Ms. Claudette.

With a final growl towards the boys, I sprinted off into the woods. "Tyler!" Logan yelled after me. I leaped through the air, over fallen trees and thorn bushes. I felt unstoppable, incredible, and alive.

Calm down honey. You'll get used to Kaiden being a douche-canoe. It's who he is, but with you he's different. And Logan is just protective, he had no idea of what Kaiden was doing. We all thought he was trying to heal his mate. No one would have thought there was trickery behind it.

I had nothing to say. I continued to run north, following the sound of cars. That's when I heard the patter of paws following me. I didn't have to turn around to know well enough that Logan was there. But two others flanked at his sides. Of course Kaiden wasn't there. I jumped onto one tree trunk, pushed off, did the same to another, and flipped through the air over a ditch. I heard their running my stop as I flew. Once I landed, I faced them and gave a wolfish smirk.

Show off.

I snickered and began to run again. I wanted to text my new abilities. I willed my self to go faster as I weaved through the trees. A dark shadow-like glow forms around my body and suddenly I was speeding through the woods. It was inhumanly fast, probably going a little less than 200 miles and hour.

I realized where I was going when I saw the familiar place of my cousin's party. Maybe we should go another way? Blaze whimpered.

Why? What's wrong with Logan's territory?

She didn't answer, she just whimpered as I could physically feel her pace around in my head. Slowing down, I came in clear view of the house. "Tyler! Wait!" Logan called from behind wearing a pair of basketball shorts. He was still flanked by two wolves who seemed scared and uncomfortable. "Wait so you can walk in with me! You'll be attacked as a rogue otherwise!"

I let out a frustrated growl and halted. I wasn't planning on stopping here, I just wanted to go through. So I ran, despite Logan's protests. Of course, he still ran after me but we all stopped when we saw the hoard of people.

The was a makeshift stage in the yard where everyone was watching. Whispers and gasps were heard from the crowd and I wondered what was going on. Logan came up next to me. I was suddenly tackled to the ground by the other two wolves. I growled and snapped at them, thinking they were attacking me but instead, they whimpered and rolled around. The grey male started to leap around excitedly while the sand colored female pounced on me and began to lick my face. "Tyler, relax," Logan chuckled. "It's Ryder and Star."

I barked at them, wagging my tail. I got up and started to roll around with them. "Attention everyone!" A familiar nasally voice called from the stage, making the four of our heads follow the rest of the crowd. "I have news!" Logan's eyes widened in shock as my cousin Farrah called out to the pack.