Chapter Seven: "Sir, I believe it's called Fate."

*Waves*

Chapter Seven

I haven't heard from Connor in around a week. I had to resist the urge to call or text him. I was dumbfounded when we last talked and I soon regretted saying that my sister wasn't good enough for him. I had sworn not to get in the middle of them and now I was racked with guilt.

"Sir," I looked up from my paperwork to see Davison holding a bouquet of blue and pink assorted flowers. ", another gift from Mr. Adam Vincent." I frowned and gestured to my windowsill that stretched across the whole width of my wall. "Put it with the others." I looked over as he set them down along with the other three bouquets.

I looked back to my work as Davison approached, "Sir this time he left a note." He handed it to me and I grumbled before reading it. 'Please talk to me.' I felt as if I had been punched in the stomach.

Davison had already made his mind up on what he thought of Adam and so had I, but there was still no reason why I couldn't hear him out. Hear him grovel about how he has probably being victimised by being in a loveless marriage. I gave a nod to Davison, who swiftly left, and pulled out my phone. I hesitated before clicking the call button.

I didn't even have time to gather my thoughts before he answered, "Luke" he answered happily. His cheerful tone made mine deflate.

"So what's your excuse?" I asked bluntly. Adam gave a sad laugh in return, "There isn't an excuse, I should have told you." I was taken aback at his sudden honesty but the frown, that had become a frequent expression, returned.

"So that makes it ok? Adam, what we did at my shop was unacceptable." I growled whilst he just listened to me. I ended up ranting and raving about how guilty he made me feel, how I had to see Amanda and pretend that I hadn't fondled her husband. "Lukas," I stopped talking. ", what I have done is unforgiveable but please could we meet up, let me at least apologise face to face."

I knew what my mind was saying, and that was no. I shouldn't even give him a second glance for what he has done but he sounded so sad and it tugged on my heart. I hated to admit the fact that I had grown genuine feelings for him, I had managed to forgive the punches he gave me as a child but I don't know if I could forgive him for this.

"Ok. I'm travelling back home at the end of next week to see my parents so we could-"

"I'm actually in the city," he announced making me pause. ", I got a large sponsorship from some millionaire gym fanatic, so I was in the city to meet with him." That was Adams' big break, by having his gym in the city would surely rack up his income.

I wanted to be happy for him.

"Well, I have a couple of hours off for lunch today. Would you like to meet somewhere?" His response was immediate, his voice sounding immediately happier.

"That would be great. You choose the place because I'd end up taking you to Pizza Hut."

I couldn't stop the slightly snort in amusement. "I'll text you the time and directions, see you soon."

I felt like some weight had been lifted as I got back to work for a further hour. During that time I had texted Adam about when and where we should meet. "Lukeeey." I looked up to see my second assistant scurry in with a big smile plastered on her face. Aly had the largest grin on her face as she came to a stop in front of my desk.

"Aly, breathe." I grinned and she scoffed before slapping a brochure down in front of me. I looked it over, there was an Artist event on at one of the halls that we liked to visit from time to time. "We've been working so hard lately, please come with me this evening." She clasped her hands together, her bracelets jangling.