Chapter Three: Fluffy socks

Chapter Three

"No, I can't go on." I panted as my back arched into his grasp. His smooth hand slid up my thigh keeping me still as he had his way with me. "Luke, no arching your back in a plank." Adam then sat on me making me slump to the ground with a grunt.

"I'm strong in my mind, not in my body."

Adam scoffed as he wiggled on top of me to make me cough in exhaustion. "What bullshit are you spewing? Do you want to die at the age of thirty you fatty?"

I pouted, "But I'm not fat."

He raised himself a little then dropped onto me again and I cried out childishly. "Even thin people can be unhealthy you tool."

"Well this tool is going to turn into a hulk if he doesn't get breakfast." Adam scoffed but eventually stood up and held out a hand. "Fine, but you're having oats with fruit." My jaw slackened as he told me I that couldn't have my mother's notorious pancakes. I ended up whining the entire way as we walked to the kitchen. Due to the outrageously early time of day there were only a handful of people that were in the kitchen. Mum and Craig were sipping tea as Connor and two of his friends sat at the table eating cereal. "Surprised to see you three up, didn't think you'd be able to get a foot out of bed before throwing your guts up." Adam smirked. If Adam wasn't there I would have turned around and went straight back to bed for two reasons. One, I was sleep deprived and Two, Connor's scornful gaze as he set his eyes on me.

"We had to go fetch the suits only to hear that the alterations, made to a majority of them, won't be completed on time." Conner grumbled as he turned back around and started shovelling the healthy beverage into his mouth. "You should go back down there and demand a refund then as you placed the order months in advance." Mum suggested but Conner remained slumped.

Eventually he stood up and dumped his bowl down on the counter before running his fingers through his styled brown hair. His green eyes met mine for a second before looking away, "Can't wait to tell Em, the second control-freak Worthington." I bit my cheek and watched as he left the kitchen. I felt that was somewhat directed at me?

"Don't mind him, Lukey, he and your sis had a row last night after the party." Conner's friend Theo reassured me but it didn't make me feel any better. They most likely had a row because I shouted at the groom. I gulped and nodded to reply to Theo, "So which one of you is Conner's best man?" I asked which made everyone in the room look to me with raised brows. I tilted my head to look at Adam who was shaking his head in astonishment.

"What?"

Theo who awkwardly scratched the back of his neck cleared his throat, "Luke, you are."

My jaw, which had previously slacked due to my loss of pancakes, hit the floor. A mountain of questions filled my mind in a split second but there was one fact that troubled me the most.

My suit wasn't best-man material. This was unacceptable.

"Emily said she told you, baby." Mum said as she set down her mug. I brought my fingers to the bridge of my nose and pinched. "She has an issue with telling people the most important details," my mind was reeling with panic and possible solutions but there was only one which would appeal to both the bachelors and myself.

I turned to Theo who was awaiting a response, he blinked a couple of times when I intensely looked at him. "Gather all those who don't have suits and make yourself look pretty, we're going out for the afternoon. Craig, you're coming too." I knew for a fact Craig had a suit because that man always thought ahead.