Chapter Three Lonely

Sorry that this chapter is short!

Chapter Three

 Sunrise, Texas

            Kristian Harris finally finished the letter that he been working on for the past two weeks. He made sure the money was inside the letter before he closed it. The knock on the door startled him, he never got late night visitors. On the way to the door he made sure he had his rifle ready for anything. When he opened the door, he looked straight into his best friend Larry’s eyes.

            “Larry what are you doing here?” He questioned, as he moved aside to let Larry come inside.

Kris old pal, I was in town all day. I ain’t seen hide nor hair from you all day! So on my way home I told myself and Sarah that I would stop by and make sure that you were ok and hadn’t died on us!”

Kris tried not to smile but he couldn’t help it.  Larry and Sarah were two of his closest friends. Larry had married Sarah just last year and they were very much in love. It was great for them but it made Kris feel rather lonely. That’s why he made the choice, but he had to find the right time to tell Larry and Sarah and the rest of town about it. But the people who really needed to know were his foster family Billy and Jane Harris. His mother died on the way west and his father died two months after they got to Sunrise. Billy Harris is the pastor of the little church. They adopted him when no one wanted him and he loved them like real parents.

            Larry looked around the house just to see if Kris was lying about not being safe so when he went home he could give Sarah a good report. After that Larry said good-bye and made his way home. Kris went to bed and thought about the crazy idea; but it was too late to turn back. But he wouldn’t turn back after Ashley made a fool of him in front of the whole town. He had been in love with Ashley for years. They were childhood sweethearts. When they both turned 17 she told Kris that she would the marry him if he built her a house; a beautiful house made for princesses! That’s what she told him, she wanted the house painted white with beautiful furniture. He spent two years building the house of her dreams. However, she couldn’t wait for him; she eloped with a visiting lawyer who was from a big city somewhere up north. She broke his heart and left him with only a house to remember her by.

Almost all the women in town wanted to marry him for his house.  He wasn’t interested in someone from town; his only interest was for someone Godly and kind. He laid on his back and fall into a peaceful sleep knowing that God would take care of him.