Chapter Thirteen Freedom

Chapter Thirteen

As soon as they got back from church he went off to take care of some chores. But promised that he would be back to have that much needed conversation. How was she going to explain to Kris all the pain and hurt that David put her though. The shame knowing the David only cared about her beauty. Belinda wiped the loose tears from her face as she heard someone walked up the steps outside. The steps were to light to be Kris’s so she was surprised to see Molly walking into the house.

“Hey Bee I just came to have some girl time! I’m tired of just talking to Adam or listening to Adam talk most of the time.” Molly said in a teasing voice.

Belinda just stared at her Bee she never had a nickname before it felt kind of nice.

“Would you like some coffee Molly?” Belinda said in a shy voice.

“I would love some I also brought some cake I just made.” Molly said as she put a basket on the table.

“That sounds lovely!” Belinda felt a smile light up her face. She made two cups of coffee and as she put one in front of Molly she sat across from her. As she was making the coffee Molly cut two pieces of cake.

“So are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” The question caught Belinda off guard.

“What do you mean nothing is wrong?” Belinda kept her eyes on her piece of cake.

“You two left this morning happy and now you both are upset. I wondered if you wanted to talk to someone I’m a great listener.” Molly had a motherly tone of voice.

“My husband use to beat me!” Belinda couldn’t believe that came out her mouth. Now that she started she couldn’t stop.

“My father was mentality abusive but he never laid a figure on me.  I knew he never loved me my mother was his mistress and he blamed me for her death. He gave me to David and David was a monster, he would beat me so bad that I couldn’t move sometimes. But never on my face I had to be beautiful for him to show off. People say I should be so lucky to be so beautiful but I find it a curse. Why couldn’t they love me Molly why doesn’t anyone love me?” Belinda didn’t know she was crying until she couldn’t catch her breath. Molly speedily came toward Belinda and pulled her into a hug.

“My poor child I knew something was holding onto your heart. Just let it all out, my mama always said crying is good for the soul.” Molly just kept holding Belinda and rubbing her back.

“It’s going to be ok, we’ll not going to let anyone hurt you every again. You may not believe us but we love you Belinda. I sure know Kris does I see it every time you looks at you. You know who else loves you more the Kris, God does. He knows your pain and he cries with you! Joshua 1:9 says, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

“If God loves me and is with me why did all this happen to me? I don’t understand Molly I just don’t understand!” Molly pulled back and wiped the tears from Belinda’s face.

“Sometimes we don’t understand why things happen sweetheart. I know our God is a sovereign God and He is a just God. I believe that with all my heart when I was younger I was raped by someone who they never caught. I was scared of my own shadow; when I met Adam I was really close to working at a brothel. I hated myself but meeting God and Adam has changed my life. So I’m no stranger to pain, but Roman’s 8:31 “If God is for us, then who can be against us.” I know God is with us and loves us so much. He forgives our sins when we ask it of him. All we have to do is ask!” Belinda looked into Molly’s deep black eyes. With everything that Molly told her, she looked at peace. Belinda wanted that she wanted peace with everything. She needed to move on with her life David and her father were both dead why did they still have the strength to hurt her. Come to me my love! She heard that voice again in her heart. She wanted peace she wanted love, hope, a future. Holding on to the past wasn’t going to give her any of the things she wanted.

“I want that Molly I want peace, please help me!” Molly smiled at her with tears in her eyes.

“Of course I’ll help you we need to pray for God to come into your heart and heal all the pain. A prayer is something personal between you and God. Just close your eyes and talk to God because he is listening. Take your time I’ll also be praying for you.” Molly closed her eyes and Belinda did the same. God I know you listening I’m so tired of being scared. I want to be at peace with everyone that hurt me. I know I need to forgive them but it’s so hard. I know I can’t do this anymore on my own. I want to give my heart to you and I know with your help I can move past all the past hurts. Please forgive me for not believing in you and doubting your love for me. I know now that everything that happened wasn’t my fault and that I am smart. I’m not just a beautiful fool. Belinda felt claim and light like all the weight that was weighing her down was lifted away. She felt clean, she slowly opened her eyes and looked at Molly who still had her eyes closed. She felt the tears fall down her face again this feeling that felt so strange yet so freeing.

Molly opened her eyes to the most beautiful sight Belinda with an honest to goodness smile.

“Oh Molly I feel so free so, so clean like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders.” Belinda couldn’t keep the tears of happiness from falling. For the first time she felt happy that she really wasn’t alone anymore.

“I know that feeling Belinda I had it when I found the Lord. This is great news we have to have to tell Kris you will be overjoyed with the news.” A voice from the doorway broke into the room.

“Tell Kris what?” Belinda turned her eyes towards Kris and instead of seeing someone she feared she was a man that would protect her from any unseen enemies. When Larry put his hands on her and she defended herself Kris was there to make sure nothing happened to her. Who came looking for her when she decided to runway and was worried about her and her safely. He who was patient with her when she killed his rooster and who never put his hands on her. A man who can help her heal her fragile heart.

“I think it’s time for us to have that talk now.” Belinda was proud of how strong her voice sounded even when all she wanted to do was run up to him and tell him her great news. But first she needed to tell him the truth of her past. She knew now that with God’s help she could move on with a brighter future.