Chapter Twelve Stronger

Chapter Twelve

With so many names and faces she  couldn’t keep them all straight so she just put on her fake smile and held on to Kris’s hand for dear life. He gave her a big squeeze as if letting her know that he wouldn’t leave her. He stopped and spoke to different people but she stayed quiet. David always wanted her to stay quiet and look beautiful as if opening her mouth showed the world how idiotic she was.

“Belinda are you okay?” Kris softly said in her ear.

“Yes I’m fine I’m sorry just got lost in my thoughts.”

“You don’t have to remember everyone’s name right now; it’ll all come to you. Let’s go ahead inside and find a seat.” She didn’t want to tell Kris that this wasn’t what she was thinking about but it was safer to just let it drop. They walked into the little church and sat down somewhere in the back. She still sensed that were people looking at her but having Kris right beside her helped her not care as much. She quietly looked around the church which was made out of wood and looked like it has seen better days but everything was clean and looked well taken care of.  Belinda turned just in time to catch an older man walked in front of the congregation. Everyone else stood up and then the man yelled out “page 53” and then started singing. The song seemed familiar like she has heard it before. Belinda eyed her eyes and let the beautiful words run though her mind.

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound

that saved a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found;

was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,

and grace my fears relieved;

how precious did that grace appear

the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils, and snares,

I have already come;

'tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,

and grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,

his word my hope secures;

he will my shield and portion be,

as long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,

and mortal life shall cease,

I shall possess, within the veil,

a life of joy and peace.

When we've been there ten thousand years,

bright shining as the sun,

we've no less days to sing God's praise

than when we first begun.

As the song came to a close she felt sad for a second and she didn’t know why. As if she was missing something but she didn’t know what it was. She watched as the pastor went in front and smiled at everyone. 

“Today we’ll be reading from Acts chapter 9 and Acts chapter 13. Saul was…..” The pastor had a nice soft voice that made Belinda want to listen. 

Belinda was confused as the pastor kelp talking about someone called Saul and Paul what did these two man have to do with every other. It wasn’t like she grew up in church her father only made her go to mass on special holidays. She looked over at Kris and really wanted to ask him what in the world was the pastor talking about. But as she opened her mouth to get the words out Kris took her hand into his and smiled at her like he knew that she was confused. He then gave all his attention back to the front of the room.