Chapter 10

When I can see no longer his car I quickly enter in the building, making my way to the elevator.

My mind travels again to the kiss and to Harry’s words. I don’t seem to get his behave. I promise Niall I wouldn’t enter in his games but I am already in. I need to take him off my head, otherwise I will end up like every other girl: hurt.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the elevator telling that I’ve arrived to my floor.

As soon as I open the door I feel the buzz of my phone in my purse.

*How was your ride home? Are you okay?* I read. It’s from Niall.

*It was okay, silent but okay. I am great, don’t worry.* I type

*I was worried. Harry seems to not let go of you.* His words make the butterflies invade my stomach as I remember the kiss. I don’t know if I should tell Niall. He will think I’m dumb and I was. I just don’t know if I am ready for a judgmental criticism.

*Yeah, I guess* I decide to not tell him.

*I can turn this around. I can leave Harry’s games. I am not like the other girls, it was just a kiss. It didn’t matter.* I try to convince myself.

If Niall knew he could change his mind about me and right now he is the only friend I have here.

*I just wanted to make sure you are okay, I will not tell you what I think of Harry again, I know it’s not necessary.* The message wakes me up from my thoughts. Niall’s words make the guilty of not telling him about the kiss grow.

*Don’t worry Niall, but thank you for caring about me.* That’s all I can say right now.

*Of course Meg!* He answers.

I text him saying that I am going to sleep because I am exhausted. This was for sure a long day. I am loving living in London, but somehow since I came here my life became more intense. Well my life was kind of boring back in Ohio. I was never the popular kid and boys never looked at me. I had just one boyfriend back in high school and in college I had a group of friends but I didn’t date while I was there.

I take my dress off and hang him on my closet and I put on my pajama. I lay in my bed and I immediately fall asleep.

……………

My alarm clock rings at ten because I want to go shopping this morning. I have lack on food in the apartment and I need new clothes.

I take a long shower and I put on my black skinny jeans, my t-shirt of The Doors and my black all-stars. If I am going to go shopping I need to wear comfortable clothes.

I take my breakfast and I leave my apartment.

I decide to go have some coffee at the coffee shop at the corner and maybe read some papers because I have plenty of time today.

I ask for my usual and I seat at my usual table. People keep passing by and I admire every single one by their unique characteristics.

I read some paper and when I finally finish my coffee I leave.

The stores are far ways from where I am so I call a cab to pick me up. I want to get a car but they are all so expensive and I don’t know if my driver’s lesson is accepted here. I need to get informed because I don’t like to travel around in a cab or depend on other’s rides. Thoughts of Harry riding me home are soon travelling my mind, and I quickly shake them away.

I decide to go to those stores where they sell used clothes. I love those stores. ~

There I buy some trousers, shorts and t-shirts, but I still want to go to another store to see if there’s anything else that I want.