Chapter 8

Notice what? That he was being unpleasant this morning, saying those things on the radio?

“I can be with whoever I want to be, that’s none of your business! And what was there to notice?” Maybe I’m being a little harsh, but this is the second time he is calling me drunk and he’s asking me personal questions.

“You are right, that’s none of my business.” As soon as I hear his words I notice that he hangs up. Why did he even call?

I decide to stop thinking about Harry and just enjoy my date, so I immediately leave the bathroom.

When I reach the table I see a plate full of food in my seat.

“I hope you don’t mind but I order food. I chose roast chicken, that’s my favorite here, and I thought you would like it.” He says as soon as my eyes meet his.

“Oh thank you. It is my favorite too!” I say giving him a huge smile.

“So how was your day today? Are you enjoying BBC Radio One?” He breaks the silence

“It was normal. I’m loving it! It’s really my dream job. How was yours?” I don’t know if I should be asking him this because I don’t know how to deal with fact that he is so famous, and I don’t want to give him the impression that I just care about that.

“You know, rock star routine” He says laughing loudly and I join him.

“Yours wasn’t so normal. I heard the interview with Harry” I slip my food with his words.

“Yeah, I don’t know why he said those things on the radio, it really putted me in an uncomfortable position.” I know I can be honest with him, not that I know him for long, but it sure feels like that way.

“I noticed. He is really trying. Like I said before, he likes to play, but promise me Meg that you won’t enter in his games, just promise” His face turns to a worried expression, and he looks me into my eyes.

“I promise, I’m not like that Niall.”I say it and mean it. I never liked players. They just choose a girl, have some fun and then forget about her existence.

“I know you aren’t.” My hearts beats faster, his eyes are locked on mine and the space between us gets smaller. The waiter interrupts us bringing the desserts. Niall smiles politely but he seems upset by the interruption.

We eat silently our desserts. After the interruption I really don’t know what to say, so I decide to enjoy my chocolate mousse.

The waiter brings the check and no matter how many times I ask Niall for pay he doesn’t let me. I don’t like to not pay for my things, but I’ve never been in a date before, I guess that’s how things work.

We leave the restaurant and we go straight the parking lot where Niall’s car is.

He opens the door for me and I’m absolutely amused by is gentleman moves. Who would guess that the carefree and loud boy would be this sweet and caring?

I know we only met yesterday but with him seems like I knew him all my life. It’s a weird and good sensation.

“So, I’m not that bad for a rock star, right?” He says stopping my thoughts. I can’t help but laugh and so does he.

“No, I’ve been with other rock stars and you sure are the best one!” I say smiling.

“Oh I see, I’m glad then” e laughs so loudly and I join him. One thing for sure, it’s hard to not be happy, smiling or laughing around Niall.

In minutes I recognize my building. Niall parks the car right in front of it.

“Sorry  for not walk you home but you know how paparazzi can be.” He says