Chapter 29

MULTI-MEDIA TO THE SIDE IS A MIXTURE OF TWO SONGS. PLAY IT WHILE YOU READ!!! --->>>>>>

Enjoy ;)

=== ==== ===

Max's P.O.V

=== ===== ==

I instantly jumped between them as I saw that they, at any moment now, would shift. I just missed a kick to the head by Mari and a punch to the nose by Alex. I growled, but didn't command for them to separate. It wouldn't work anyways. Mari would probably stop if I used my full power, but Alex I knew wouldn't because she wasn't in my pack. Keeping an eye on them, I didn't know how strong my mate was, but I knew how strong Mari was. We trained a lot together and I was the only one who knew her full strength.

I yelled out for Samuel and Adam to come downstairs. It was a good thing too that Adam had recovered recently. Though poor Zach was having some leg pains. I wanted him to rest, so calling upon my Beta and ex third in command was the best thing to do right now.

I struggled keeping apart both she wolves at the same time. They scratched and clawed at my hands, and I started to lose grip on them. It was hard to keep my grip gentle when they were on the brink of shifting. I was Alpha, but there was just somethings I couldn't do. The girls kept shooting nasty cuss words at each other, glaring at the other with hatred. I snapped, and yelled at them to stop. But of course they acted as if I weren't even there. They didn't even hear a word I said.

Taking an eye off of Mari and Alex for one second to glance at the staircase to see if my pack mates were coming to help me, I turned back just to see Marielle and Alex shift. It was Alex who had shifted first. Before Mari had, for a split second, I caught the angry glance she gave me. Alex's fur was a rusty auburn color. Mari's was a shiny light gray, with some white here and there. It was perfect.

I heard footfalls bounding down the stairs and looked up to see Adam and Sam. To say I was relieved at the moment was an understatement. Pouncing on each other, I had to step back from being clawed. I shook, pissed that they actually had the guts to shift while I had stood in front of them. I could have been more than clawed, probably even worse.

Sam and Adam both came up to me, pulling me even farther from the brawl.

“What happened?!” They both yelled, but my eyes were still on the fight. If one of them got hurt... no... if Mari got hurt, I know that my wolf would take over.

“I don't know! Mari must have woken up and saw my mate and... and something must have happened. I came to the pack house, opening the door to see this!” I screamed, taking a fist full of my hair.

“W-Wha-What?!” Adam stuttered, while Sam exclaimed, “YOU HAVE A MATE!?”

“I promise to explain later, but if you guys would please take a look at the matter at hand!” I yelled at them and watched how their eyes snapped towards Mari and Alex.

Right now Mari had gotten Alex pinned to the floor, snarling in her face while Alex tried her best to kick her off. When Mari nipped her on the neck in warning to submit, Alex still wouldn't budge. She growled back as if saying she would never submit. Alex then did something that I horrifyingly realized- she brought her claw up and ripped at Mari's recent wound.