Chapter 2 - Edited

I felt stares all over me, from head to toe when I walked inside my new home. Adam was behind me to protect me just in case one of my new pack members jumped my bones. I shivered involuntarily and not in a good way. Having hungry men all around you day and night was not a good thing.... I don’t think I’ll be sleeping much tonight,” I thought to myself.

“Who is that gorgeous creature?” “When am I going to get some of that...” “She's mine! Back off!” “No she isn't, she is mine.” “Boys boys boys. We all know that I’m the most handsome here, so I say she belongs to me.” Mutterings and whispers surround me and then suddenly, I hear a huge thump on the floor, followed by some grunts and yells.

Were they really fighting over me? Last time I checked I wasn’tworth fighting for… Nor was I ever pretty enough. I turned around to get a good look at the scene, but Adam quickly spun me back around before I could get a good look.

“No Marielle, it is better that you don’t see it. They are foolish and plain dumb horny dogs, who don’t know the meaning of respect.”

I smiled at him gratefully. I skipped up the stairs, assuming that that was where my room would be and smugness built up inside me, “I should be respected, I mean I am a female, and a pack member. I’m probably the smartest one here!” I was almost to the top and stopped mid-step when I heard Adam's voice.

“Er- Marielle?”

“Yes Adam.”

“I... I was talking about myself. I am the Beta.” Right then and there, I blushed, a deep red that spread to my ears. I was as red as a tomato and remembering the smug attitude I had shown moments agodidn’t help either. I immediately wanted to die right then and there or bang my head against a stone wall repeatedly. So. Stupid.

“Yeah, you are pretty insane,” stated a voice coming from the top of the stairs. I looked up swiftly and saw a blonde headed boy with bright blue eyes looking down at me mischievously.

“Zach. What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be on guard duty?” Adam asked with a confused face, scrunching up his nose.

“Alpha let me off early. Besides, I was told I was on a new duty to be the guard of a Miss Marielle Heartifilia. Or shall I say, hot babe.”

The blonde smirked at a fuming Adam and wiggled his eyebrows at me, saying, “Let me introduce myself. I am Zach. A very sexy man who will take good care of you, and shall I say... very well...”

He was clearly checking me out and for some reason, he reminded me of Samuel. Was there some kind of connection here? Best friends? Long lost twins?

“That's my cousin. He is closer to Samuel than me… you can tell right?” whispered a now calm Adam.

“Yeah! I was just thinking that.” I smiled warmly at Adam and watched as his blue eyes started to twinkle. They reminded me of-

Crap! How does he always creep into my mind so easily, just his name...