Chapter 34

Media ------------> Set Fire To The Rain by Adele

I was going to do homework before writing this, but I couldn't help myself! Happy reading! <3

Dedicated to a loving fan- JenStrege-Carney.

Continue reading... Chapter 34.

=== === ===

Never before had I seen so many wolves, where had they all come from? Like us, they came in groups and yes we did take down some in seconds, but that wasn't it. As soon as one group was gone, it seemed as if another group came. Obviously, this had been planned weeks ahead with all of the many gathered rogues. At the Rift valley pack house, they weren't rogues at the time and when my parents were killed, it was only done by about five of them.

Suddenly, a black shadow blurred across my vision and I was tackled to the ground. I heard growling from above me as I was straddled by a medium sized black wolf. He bared his teeth at me and using my instincts, I snarled at him and flip us around. And as soon as I was on top, I made no hesitant movements of biting his neck. The wolf's whimper came as soon as it took it's last breath.

Jumping up, I searched the house of rogues, noticing it was also a battle field outside. I looked around for Zach or River. I couldn't find them, so I decided to look around for the other guys in my group. Finding one, I saw that he was being double teamed as they cornered him. He started to put up a fight, but it was no use with two wolves attacking him. I sprinted over as fast as I could, barreling into one of the wolves.

I backed away a few feet, and in a few seconds the wolf got up from the ground from where I pushed it. Taking in its form and build, I knew that before the training that the pack went through for months, I would have been scared and quite weaker than the wolf in front of me. Even though, the wolf stood at least six inches taller than me, I still had my strength that was equivalent to his. Plus, the advantage of being a smaller wolf.

Huffing when the wolf saw the confidence in my eyes, he came running at me.

'Marielle, are you alright?' Adam yelled through the link. Before I could reply, I quickly dodged the wolf, by sliding under him when he tried the pounce on me.

'Of course I am!' I yelled back, rolling my eyes. I didn't want him to distract me, so I blocked off the mind link and turned back to my opponent, but when I looked I saw that he was already on the ground with a guy from my group currently ripping his throat out. I groaned, not really liking the sight of it.

'Duck.' He shouted at me, when we caught each others eyes. I heard the whoosh behind me, and doing as he said. A brownish- blonde she-wolf came flying over my head and before it could spin on its heels to jump at me again, I growled beating her to it. We both kept straddling each other, not really getting a good grip on the other.

Wanting this to end, I bit twice into her- once on the stomach and once on the neck. When she started to bleed and whine, I decided to keep biting her. The she-wolf kicked at me, so I could stop, but I didn't. Eventually, she stopped fighting, but she wasn't dead. At least, not yet. She would die from the loss of blood. I don't know why, but I started to realize how familiar she looked.

It went from the color of her wolf to the color of her eyes. I couldn't put my paw on it, (pun intended) but there was just something about her... I felt a nudge to my side and looked up to see the guy who I had came to help before. He had taken down the pair of wolves, but with me being here, he wouldn't have been able to do it. He was about to run off to help the others, when he gave me a nod that showed he was grateful. I grinned, only turning around for one second to look at the she-wolf. I gasped, jumping up in shock when I saw what her human form looked like.