Chapter 21 ~ Edited

One week has passed ever since the Max incident. I was outside lying down on the lawn, and everyone else was inside having their breakfast. I already had mine earlier this morning since I couldn't sleep for some reason. In fact, I couldn't sleep at all this week. I had a feeling that the Max incident had something to do with it.

When I woke up in Max's bed the next morning, he wasn't there. I walked around the pack house to try to get a glimpse of him, but to no avail. My anxiousness to see him grew, so I asked Adam. He told me he had been locked up in his office since four in the morning. Yet, I had walked in his room at 2 o’clock in the morning. Had he been up that whole time, never falling asleep as I did?

That was one unanswered question out of thousands it seemed.

Then just days after, we only said a few words to each other. There would be times where we made eye contact with each other, and he would be the one to look away, always. I didn't know what was up with Max. One day he is laughing and hugging me tight, then the next thing I know, he is running away every time he sees me. Something is wrong with him, but I won't be able to find out if he keeps avoiding me like this.

What had I done wrong? I didn't think things would be this awkward after the incident, but this horrible week had proved me wrong. Staring up at the clear blue sky, it helped to disperse all the frustration that was inside of my head. I needed something to help calm me down. I couldn't shift because Max had made an order to everyone in the pack that so that we won't be able to run, because of the previous war. Now for the next few months, we had to go on a pack run. The pack run was every Friday night. I found it very stupid actually. I mean, what if someone gets angry? You would have to run it off for hours, if you don't have a mate. And as far as I know, no one in this pack has one!

I heard the slamming of a door from somewhere in the pack house and jumped. This just proves my point. By the time the few months are over, the house would literally be torn to pieces! Slamming doors does not clear frustration. I mean, looking up at the sky sometimes does it for me, but not for beefy oversized male werewolves!

Suddenly a ding echoed through my head, as an idea hit me. I was the third in command, and if I had a problem, that gave me an excuse to go and talk to the alpha privately. In this case, I could 'talk' to Max about the running thing. I actually did want to tell him about that, but I also wanted to clear up some things between us. If this ‘avoiding’ situation kept happening, what will happen to our relationship as friends? As pack members?

Sighing, I jogged towards the pack house, going inside. I could hear some murmurs and I could tell that everything was more silent than usual. I let my confusion take over my anxiousness to find Max. Heading towards the dining room, I found almost everyone in there except Adam, Zach and Max. It was an obvious reason why Zach wasn't here. We had found out that they had put wolfs bane into his blood system and that was why it had taken so long for him to heal. Most of it was out by now, but there was still some left. The wolfs bane makes it almost impossible for a werewolf to heal; it was poison to us. It was the only thing that actually made us weak. Well, besides silver.

Zach's wounds were slightly healed, but the only thing he could do was wheelchair around his room. There was no coming out for him unless he was fully recovered and that would take at least a couple more weeks. I felt sorry for him. I had visited him a couple times. He told me he was bored as hell. I told him that I could give him some company, but his reply was the thing that made me say bye. Zach, the perv, wanted me to sleep in his bed. I knew what he meant. Adam however was a whole other story. He recovered a couple of days after the war, and I had kept my eyes on him. He would take walks outside, but then come in holding his side. The side that Blake had taken a bite out of.