Chapter 11.x

Dedicated to my 14 fans!!! :D xx

<--------------------------------------VOTE for her finding out the secret ;) x

Chapter 11.x

His office was located in the centre of the house and although he regularly sat us down and shouted at us in here I couldn’t remember the layout. My memory must be going. 

But this time 10-15 people were sat round the table and they all looked up at me as the door opened. I grinned sheepishly.

“Hey daddy….um…I didn’t know you had guests?” I hoped he’d fall for it. I stood there smiling sweetly.

He narrowed his eyes at me, “You know you’re not allowed in here” he stated disapprovingly, “especially without knocking…”

I huffed, “Well I wouldn’t have to sneak around if it weren’t for all the secrecy!”

They all looked shocked, “Yeah yeah I know you’re hiding something from me and I will find out!”

“Now listen Kay I don’t want you sneaking around looking into my business!”

I felt a hurt expression fall onto my face before placing a stone mask back on, “Well fine! I don’t care anymore! Nope! I don’t care! I’ve had enough of your crap! You know what’s funny? Who helped you while growing up, with the boys? Who did the chores without complaint? Who helped the younger boys with their homework? Well, who did?!” I shouted my calm exterior slipped away.

“You did! I know Kay, and I’m sure the boys will…”he started, but I cut him off.

“No! I didn’t say it because I wanted something back! The point I was making was that I was the one the boys came to when they needed something and you were in work! I was the one who cooked and did the chores willingly! This is how you repay me! By excluding me! First everyone was really horrible before I left then you go and you send me away! Then I get no note! No telephone call! No email! No nothing to ask me how I am or even tell me I know had another brother! Why daddy? Just tell me why?!” I ended defeated.

They all stared at me in shock before my father spoke up angrily, “Well I’m sorry Kay! I did it to keep you safe! Some…things were going on and I didn’t want you here to experience it! I wanted to deal with it first and make it safe for you!”

“I could have helped you deal with whatever it was! How many times must I say this! I’m sure I could have helped someway! Anyway that’s a load of bullshit! Jacks here! Joan’s here! What difference would I have made!” by now I was livid.

“A lot! We didn’t want you here!” he screamed then stopped eyes wide open. He was shocked he said that. The others in the room stared at him in shock all but one who was looking at me in concern. His gaze made me feel warm all over and I could feel my body wanting to go over to him. What on earth is this?! Some soppy movie! Jeez!

I tore my gaze away from him and back to my father. He now looked ashamed and regretful.

I cleared my throat, “Well…. Why send for me to come back then? Hmmm, I certainly didn’t want to come back. I could have started my life with my aunt and moved into an apartment with May like I had planned. I don’t want to be here! I hate it here! Everyone acts so stupid! I mean really it’s like walking into a freaking circus! I would prefer to have stayed there than come back here and feel…well feel....I don’t know…unwanted I guess…” I trailed off in a whisper, “But I guess I am unwanted! So I’ll just go!”

“What do you mean circus?!” someone angrily blurted out. I shot them a dirty look.

I turned around and headed for the door. “Now just you wait Kayleigh! I never said you were unwanted! You are wanted here very much! It’s just I didn’t want to involve you in some difficult situations…”