Chapter 9.x

Chapter 9.x

When we pulled up at the beach I was instantly speechless. All around people were sat with friends or playing volleyball. The whole beach was packed. My mind wandered to the secrecy that happened this morning with dad. Was something going to happen here?

We got out of the car and I gave my things to Jamie to carry and smirked as he scowled at me. I watched him stumbling after the boys and laughed. Okay I felt a little guilt, but hey they all had some major sucking up to do….

I laughed and trailed behind them, glancing around the beach. It was really nice. I admit the beach was to die for. It looked really nice and clean and pristine.

There was a large fellow trailing around after his girlfriend. I laughed. She was so small but looked like she had her man under control as he was listening to every word she said and doing as he was told.

The ocean was crystal clear blue and had large amounts of young people and teen wallowing in the water. There was no boundary between them it was as if everybody knew everybody. Well that’s weird, but also kind of nice.

I look around the beach and spot my old friends. As I looked towards my old friends that I haven’t seen in ages and I did a double take. Were they always so…big?! Jeez!

I caught the eye of Samuel and waved, but his eyes widened and I frowned as he turned away. I stood there frowning until Stefan put his hand on my shoulder and towed me away. Stefan frowned over at them confused.

Well I just think that it’s dead rude! He could have least waved back. Unless that’s way of telling me he didn’t want to be friends anymore. I suppose that’s fine. I have changed so has he? I guess I don’t really know them anymore.

We reached the other end of the beach and I flopped down on the sand and propped myself up on one hand. I stared out into the ocean.

Everyone is really strange here! It’s not just me? I can’t help feeling their keeping something from me.

“Kay! Lei!!” I jumped as someone waved their hand in front of my face. I grabbed the offending arm and thrust it away from me and turned to glare at the brother that was so stupid.

Xavier grinned sheepishly while rubbing his hand, he walked away murmuring, “Ow!”

“Xavier!! Wait! What did you want?” I scrambled to my feet and took off after him I jumped and landed next to him. He looked at me then did a double take, and stared at me. I frowned up at him. What was with the face?

He shook his head, “um just to tell you we’re over there!”

I looked over at my brother’s and grinned. They’d half buried Jamie into the sand. I walked over to them laughing. I was laughing so hard I had to hold onto Xavier so I could remain upright.

Jamie scowled and pleaded with his eyes for me to help him. I paused and put on a thoughtful expression. Then shook my head and flopped down on the sand, grinning at him.

“I’ll get you later!” he screeched at me, while struggling against the hold of the sand.

A slight change in the atmosphere had me shivering and glancing around nervously. It felt as if the temperature dropped by a few degrees.

The thing that most surprised me was the expressions on my family’s faces. I looked around confused and tried to search for the offending persons, and was surprised when I caught eyes with an unfamiliar face grinning at me. I blanked. Who was he?

“Hey Jamie!” I hissed at my twin. When he didn’t respond I punched him lightly. He swerved round to face me with a look of surprise.

He rubbed his arm and hissed back at me, “What!” well I’d thought I’d hit him lightly….

“Don’t what me! What’s with the look of loathing to Mr creepy dude” I inclined my head towards the far end of the beach, where the weird grinning guy sat.

He looked at me and smirked as he realised we were looking at him, and he winked. I scoffed and turned back to my brothers. Who did he think he was?!

“Never-mind. Just stay away from him!” he narrowed his eyes at me, daring me to argue back. I stared at him in shock. My brother’s had never hated anyone before. Well not openly, or admitted to anyone else.

Suddenly everyone tensed up. Their posture stiff and defensive. What was with them?! Jeez!

“Hey beautiful!” someone said from behind me, I rolled my eyes and turned around.

“Um hello? Do I know you?” I asked bored with him already. I studied him carefully with narrowed eyes. Why do I feel like I know him from somewhere?

“Aw I’m hurt gorgeous that you don’t remember me!” he faked a hurt look and wiped away fake tears.  My family looked at me in shock.

I pursed my lips at him and searched my mind. How did I know him? School perhaps or maybe... it was like a light bulb went off in my head.

“You?!” I hissed angrily, “What are you doing here?” he looked totally different to what he looked like before when I’d met him.

“Hey hey now! That’s no way to greet an old friend!” he grinned at me as he noticed I was shaking in anger.

“Old friend! Ha!” I scoffed, “Still beating defenceless people up for the fun of it?”

“Ooh that hurt gorgeous! Still sleeping around?” he shot back.

“Just go away James!” I threatened, “Before you get humiliated again.” I waved him off and set my head down on my knees looking bored up at him.

He flushed and I grinned up at him. Serves him right. “Don’t you dare go blabbering around things about me again!” he huffed in anger.

“Yeah?” I lay back on my arms, “and what are you going to do to stop me?”

“Ooh I’ll think of something” he said low and dangerously. I waved at him, “yeah, yeah. Bye-bye now!”

“Lei! Stop egging him on” my brothers finally interrupted as I watched him shake violently. Seriously? Another person who shakes when they’re angry? What is up with this town?!

The sound of footsteps alerted us to another presence.

“You better watch out!” he got out before turning and barging into the policeman behind him.

“Problem gentlemen?” an unknown voice said from behind me as he watched him walk off. Well stomp off.

 I grinned in triumph up at him, “No. No problem officer” he looked at us dubiously then sighed and walked off muttering about teenager these days.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey : )

Please

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN? ; )

HEY dearest readers : ) if you have chance could you check out my other story? It’s called Secrets and spies. Thanking you!!

So Lei’s finally realised the strangeness in the area. How long do you think it will be before she finds out? ;)