Chapter 1: New Home, New Job

Ethan's P.O.V

"How much longer till we get there?" I asked my mom from the passenger seat of her car.

"Not much, we're almost there." My mom's head remained facing the road but her eyes darted to me for a second.

I leaned my head back and sighed. I took my phone out and plugged in my ear buds and started listening to music at full blast. Looking out the window I notice all the houses we pass by all with one thing in common, they're all huge. When the car finally came to a stop I took my ear buds and music off stepping out of the car after my mom. We unload our things and approach our new house.

"This house is the guest house?" I question looking at the above average house in front of us.

"Yeah it looks smaller on the outside." She enthused as she opened the front door.

This house is a lot bigger than I thought it would be; it doubles the size of our old apartment. I looked around at the empty white walls and tall ceiling.

"Go on in honey, put your things down I'll go fix something for dinner." My mom went into the kitchen and I stood in the middle of the living room just looking around at all the minor architectural details that gave the inside a beautiful appearance.

I finally snapped out of my own admiration and as I set some things down then went to the car to pick up more until the entire car was empty. Everything sat neatly in the middle of the living room.

My mom sent the moving truck a few days a go so a long of our furniture was already here but not exactly in an organized of functional manner. So in order to help my mom a little I pushed the couch against the wall and se t up some of the furniture that was stacked on top of each other before my mom poked her head out of the kitchen

"Your room is the second door to the left." She said as I was setting the coffee table in front of the couch.

I started to take my things and placed them in the middle of the empty room. I stacked my suit cases neatly and all my things beside them. I set up the frame of the bed and placing the mattress on it. I didn't have the tools to attach the headboard so I just leaned it against the wall and used the bed to keep it pushed against the wall. I opened the suit case with the bed sheets and started putting them on the bed. I try and make the sheets as even as possible because my life is a mess so the least I can do is make sure my sheets look good. When I finished putting all the things I need on my bed I went to go get another suit case when my mom called out to me from the kitchen.

"Can you help me set the table?" I nodded as I noticed she had the table in the dining room already.

Paper towels, plates, forks... you know... the basics. Once it was all down my mom began to place the food onto the plates

::::...::::..::::...:::: ::::..

As we sat at the table my mom began to speak.

"So the house has five members, there is Amber and Suset, they're the twins. There is Mr. and Mrs. Miller. Then they have a son named Alex he's about a year older than you. He probably won't be around much. The twins are who we're mostly going to deal with since Mr. and Mrs. Miller work. Is that okay?" She looks up at me and waits for my response.

I nod in understanding.

"So you start tomorrow morning at eight a.m. ok." I know that what she's saying is important but I also know she's said this more than three times.