Chapter 13

[Liam's P.O.V.]

I didn't really hear much from Louis for the next few days. We texted and he called me a few times but he was always a little distracted sounding. When I asked him about, he pretended to not know what I was talking about so I let it drop. I continually added things to my writing on my laptop and I was finding that Niall was a lot of fun to write about. Whether it was 'the way his cream coloured ears would press into his hair because he thought I was mad at him' or 'how his appetite seemed to grow with every meal no matter what I fed him,' he was probably my favourite subject to write about.

"Liam, what is that?" He asked me, distracting me from my thoughts.

His grammar and talking had gotten a lot better too and that made me so proud of him. The only times if would get bad again was when he was upset, which was normally if he thought I was going to yell at him or when he got scared. I've never yelled at him but I guess old habits are hard to get rid of. I cringed at my own thought, finding a bit of hatred for the unknown man who went by the name of Dr. Shell. I looked down at what Niall was pointing at to find that he was point at my laptop screen. I quickly shut it and smiled to him.

"It's nothing important, love."

"If not im-prot-ant, tell then," he smiled, innocently.

"Important," I corrected.

"If not im-important, tell me then."

I pressed a quick kiss to his lips, causing him to let out a small sigh. It was a cheap move, I know, but I didn't know how he would react to the fact that I was writing about him. He smiled happily as I pulled back and he leaned into my shoulder, snuggling close to me.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked, pressing a soft kiss to his messy hair.

"What is fun?"

"Well we could go to a film?"

"Films on the telly?" Niall asked, confused.

"We could go to the cinema is what I meant. The films are on a much bigger screen."

"Is fun?"

"Yeah, it's pretty fun."

"Have to wrap tail though?"

"Yeah, but it can be kind of loose because it will be dark in the cinema."

"Okay!"

We quickly got changed and I loosely wrapped Niall's tail as he tugged on his beanie. We slipped our shoes on and I had to tie Niall's new shoes for him. He wiggled his toes in them and tackled me in a hug, thanking me for them. I laughed as he climbed off me and twisted his fingers with mine. He stared at me for a moment before pulling off his beanie and putting it on my head. I let him move my hair around to his liking and he nodded when he was done.

"Like Liam in beanie," he said, confidently.

"But you need one, love," I smiled to him, reaching to take it off.

"Have another one?"

"I might. Let's look."

Niall smiled widely as I walked to our room and into the closest. Fortunately, Louis leaves a lot of stuff over at my flat so there was an extra beanie that I was able to pull over Niall's ears. He gave me a small peck before racing toward the door. It was relatively warm outside so we wore light jackets and decided to walk to the cinema.

"What f-film are going to see?" Niall asked, bouncing a little as he walked.

"We'll have to see when we get there, love."