Chapter 5

[Liam's P.O.V.]

Niall and I spent the day together. He was so eager to learn that I couldn't help but teach him. He was a surprisingly quick learner and could already decipher numbers and a few colors. It was about lunch time and I held up a red box.

"What color?" I asked him.

"Blue?"

"Try again."

"Green?"

"One more time."

"Red?"

"Good job!"

Niall smiled and his tail wagged excitedly. He pointed to the white wall with a confused expression.

"Color?" He asked.

"White," I told him.

"White," he repeated with a nod. He rubbed at his stomach thoughtfully for a moment before saying, "hungry. Niall is hungry."

"I am hungry," I corrected.

"I am hungry," he sighed.

"Do you want some food?"

"Liam makes food for Ni- me?"

"What do you want?"

"Liam knows."

"I know?" I asked, confused.

"Yes. Liam knows what I eat."

"Almost correct grammar. Instead of saying my name when talking to me say 'you.'"

"You knows what I eat," Niall said confidently.

"Oh do I?" I said with an amused smile, ignoring the small grammar error.

"What is good. You know."

"How about some pasta?"

"Pasta?"

"Yeah it's noodles and sauce. And it's what I brought you home last night."

"It is good?"

"It's amazing."

I pulled the box out of the fridge and Niall reached for it.

"It's better warm," I explained as I placed it in the microwave.

"Th-that makes it w-warm?" Niall asked, curiously.

"Yupp."

He nodded and smiled to me. I returned his smile and we stood in silence for a few moments until the microwave beeped. Niall flinched a tad until I made the beeping stop. I got a fork and I sat across from him at the table. He eyed the food warily before looking at me. I picked up the fork and twisted the noodles around the fork. He watched the noodles twirl with slight amusement until I picked them up.

"Open your mouth," I said.

He obediently opened his mouth and I fed him the noodles. He hesitantly chewed them and his face split into a grin.

"Is it good, Ni?"

He rapidly nodded his head as he finished chewing. He opened his mouth as though waiting for me to feed his again. I smiled as I twisted noodles around the fork. I continued to feed him and he smiled widely the entire time. He ate all of the noodles and still claimed to still be hungry.

"How are you still hungry?" I asked in disbelief.

"Just am," he shrugged.

"You didn't stutter that time. Good job!"