Chapter 8

[Liam's P.O.V.]

'Everyday with the boy with the ears was something different. He really did have the mindset of a 5 year old. Curious about everything and always getting into things that he probably shouldn't. But those little things made me fall for him even more than I already had. I wasn't sure why or even how I was falling for him but as I think about it more, I discovered something. Love didn't really have any boundaries so why not fall for the dog boy? Who knows? Maybe when his mindset is a little older, he'll even love me back.'

"Fat chance of that happening," I muttered to myself as I stopped typing.

"Li-Li?" Niall's voice called, pulling me from my thoughts.. "I am hungry!"

"You know where the food is," I said back.

"But you make good food!" He whined.

I sighed and shut my laptop to go find Niall food. I wandered into the kitchen to see Niall's head in the fridge. I leaned against the door frame and smirked. I watched as Niall moved things around in search of food. He let out a loud sigh before yelling my name in a whining tone.

"Yes?" I said softly from the door way.

He gasped and flung himself into a standing position. He lost his footing and landed on his back with an "oof" noise escaping his mouth. I stifled a small laugh as I walked over to help him stand.

"Alright, Ni?"

He nodded, embarrassed as he looked down to this feet and his cheeks grew a light pink color. I almost let out an audible 'aww.' Almost. I walked to the fridge before I did anything to startle the boy. Like kiss him or tell him that I was falling for him. I shook my head as I walked to the fridge to pull out some sandwich food. Niall made a noise similar to a groan and I raised my head to see a frown on his face.

"What's wrong?"

"Sandwiches, again?" He whined.

"Then don't eat," I offered with shrug. "Or find your own food."

He didn't respond to me and suddenly I felt a warm body attach themselves to me. I looked at Niall to find him looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Please make me food?" He whimpers.

I tried to resist. Really I did. But he was too darn cute and I wanted to give him anything he asked for a more. I let out a sigh and he smiled widely, knowing that I accepted defeat. I grumbled to myself as I fixed him a sandwich as he sat happily at the table. I placed two sandwiches on a plate, knowing very well that he would eat both of them. He smiled widely as I put the sandwiches in front of him.

"Thank you, Liam!"

"You're welcome, Nialler."

I cleaned up the mess I had made and walked back to my room with my laptop. I stared at the screen for a little longer before I heard my phone going off. I quickly reached for it and answered it.

"Boobear!"

"What have I told you about that horrible, childhood nickname, Payne," Louis' voice came through the line.

"Oh calm down," I chuckled as I heard Louis sigh. "What'd you need, Lou?"

"I'm sorry but Kyle keeps bugging me about his," his voice turned apologetic. "I accidently told him about you having a new... Friend in your life and he's interested in finding out who he is."

"Last time we went on a double date with Kyle, I had to be taken home by a guy who wanted in my pants."

"Did he try-"