Chapter Fifteen

"I really like that

"I really like that..." I add, walking up to a dining room set.

"Just get it so we can go..." Logan whines.

I knew I shouldn't have brought him but what other choice did I have? "Stop complaining. I think I'll take it as well." I say to the employee that has been following me around practically all day.

"Great! So, we've covered almost every room in the house. Will this be your final piece?" She asks.

"Yeah, looks like that's all I'll need."

Logan and I follow her to the counter. I have to fill out some paperwork on delivery dates and confirming my order and such. By the time Logan and I exited the store, it was just past lunch time.

"So where to now?" He asks.

"Maybe we should grab some lunch."

"Then can we stop at the car dealership?"

I turn to him. "Why would we do that?"

"You got a new ride, I need one. I used to have an SUV but once I became a grief counselor, the army paid for a rental since I traveled so much, so I sold it."

"I guess we could swing by... What kind of car do you want?"

"Well... You got a nice sports car, so I was thinking a Camaro... I can't let you out due me, now can I?" He smirks.

"Ha! You think a Camaro beats a Mustang? Uh, I think not."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really."

"Alright... How about we make a bet... Why don't we ask the employee their opinion when we get there? If they agree with you, then I have to do whatever you say for an entire day. But if I win, then you have to go on a date with me tomorrow, no questions asked."

"Oh, agreed... I'm so going to win this bet..." I add as we get into the car.

As soon as Logan sits down, his phone goes off. He unclips it from his belt and stares at the screen. I look over and read the caller ID.

Alex.

"Logan, answer it."

He presses on the answer icon, "What?" He clenches through his teeth.

"Logan? I know I'm not the person that you want to talk to but I just wanted to let you know that... Dad died a little while ago..." I hear him say.

"What?" Logan asks almost as if he didn't hear what he said.

"He had a massive heart attack... He didn't make it, Logan... Mom didn't want me to disturb you since we didn't leave on the best of terms, but I thought you needed to know... We are making the funeral arrangements tomorrow if you decide to come down... I'll let you go..." Logan doesn't say anything, he just lays the phone on the dash.