48- Volcanoes And Chickens

Zoey

Victoria Carter and Margaret Chace Get Arrested For Drug Possession

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder than I was in that moment. I was with Alice, Danny, Jason, Rachel, and Lance as we were all hanging out around Alice’s huge pool, reading the fairly long article in today’s newspaper. It summarized an incident that happened very late last night when Victoria, Margaret and a bunch of their bitchy friends were having a party somewhere and I guess somebody called the cops. They were both high and I know a few other girls were arrested with them, but they weren’t famous or important enough to be mentioned in the article. Like Jenna, I know she was there too, but she was only mentioned by name once in the article.

“I would pay so much money to see Dad’s face right now.” Lance said with a small grin. All six of us were sitting at the deck table with two copies of the paper. I was sharing one with Alice and Rachel on one side of the table while the guys had their own copy as well on the other side.

“Mom is probably crying.” I giggled. It’s been a week since that brunch with my parents and I haven’t talked to either of them or Margaret since that day, which is totally fine with me, since we’ve all been pretty busy with graduation next week and whatnot.

“Yeah, what about Margaret?” Alice laughed. “She’s probably so hysterical right now.”

“Hysterical? No, she’s probably passed out by now from all of the terrible-ness.” I rebutted and we burst out laughing again. Of course, Danny, Jason, and Rachel didn’t find it as funny as me, Alice, and Lance did, but they were still chuckling along with us.

“You guys are really mean.” Rachel laughed. “I kinda feel bad for them.”

“That’s because you kinda don’t know them.” Alice informed her.

Rachel was like, a really cool person in my opinion. She’d been dating Jason for about three weeks and they seem to be going really strong and I’m pretty positive that Jason is over Alice now, since he’s obviously so happy with Rachel. Not only is she perfect for Jason, but she’s so cool to hang around. Her fashion sense is just perfection and she’s really funny and laid back. She even goes shopping with me and Alice which is amazing.

“They’ve probably hospitalized her.” Lance piped.

We all laughed again before agreeing that it was getting way too hot to not be in the pool. I was the first to dive in, followed by Alice and then everybody else.

“I think this makes you the star child, Lance.” I informed my brother as he began trying to dunk Alice under water, but she splashed his face and swam away, erupting in girly giggles. It’s almost as disgusting as it is cute.

“Yeah, right.” He snorted.

I went under water for a moment to cool off in the hot Texas summer because today was super-hot. I mean, technically, it’s still spring, but we only have a week of school left so to me, it’s summer and apparently, to the Texan weather gods, it’s summer too. Right as I resurfaced, however, I was plunging right back under thanks to my oh-so-lovely boyfriend. When I resurfaced once again, I could hear his laughter from behind me so I spun around and threw a water bender worthy splash in his direction.

“You’re kinda mean.” Danny stated with a teasing smirk.

“You just drown me!” I accused him. “I’m not the mean one here.”

“Okay, I did not drown you, I just kinda dunked you, which is completely different.” He defended teasingly. “You big baby.”

“Let’s have a three-way chicken fight!” Alice squealed in excitement. “That’ll be so much fun!”