13- Let's Dance

Zoey

“A date?”

“No.”

“A date.”

“No!”

Alice winked at me and I chucked a pillow at her blonde head, causing her to burst out laughing as she was laying on the foot of my bed.

“He wouldn’t stop bugging me, so I invited him to a frat party, how is that a date?”

“He likes you.” Alice giggled. “That’s how it’s a date.”

After I told her about my conversation with Danny and how I finally gave in and invited him to Keegan’s frat party this weekend, she hasn’t stopped teasing me about it. I guess that’s payback for all the teasing she’d dealt with through the years of me teasing her about her crush on my brother.

“That’s stupid. So stupid. He does not know me, therefor he cannot like me. Even if he thinks he does, he doesn’t.””

“But he could like you, admit that.” She told me.

“I will admit that it’s a possibility that he thinks he likes me.” I admitted.

“You are an amazing person.” Alice told me. “And it is very much possible that, even after he knows more about you that he’ll actually like you.”

“I told you that going for my brother would be okay because you know you can trust him.” I said. “But that doesn’t mean that I’m all dandy and okay with being friends with somebody that could potentially be using me, that’s not going to happen. Don’t you remember Jeff?”

She sighed heavily and I knew that just by bringing up that freshman year nightmare, I’d won this argument. “Yes, I remember Jeff.”

“Good.” I chirped. “Then end of discussion. Now, what are we having for dinner? Because I’m feeling Chinese tonight.”

______________

 “Whoa.” Danny mumbled as he got in the car that Saturday night.

“What’s the whoa for?” I chuckled as his thigh was squeezing against mine. Because of our plans to get at least tipsy, we had James drive, so we were all sitting in the back seat, with me being sandwiched between Alice and Danny.

I was wearing a black and white patterned bra-like top that covered about two inches below my breasts that had spaghetti straps. I had on a matching black skirt that came up above my belly button so it exposed about three inches of my waist and it was rather short. Simple black heals were on my feet and I was wearing a black belt-like bracelet. Alice was sporting a short, tight dress made out of blue sequins with elbow-length sleeves. She had on these weird fringy white heels and a pretty silver ring that was shaped like a rose.

“Nothing, I guess.” Danny muttered, he was dressed in a well-fitting t-shirt and dark jeans. He also radiated the smell of Axe... I love Axe.

“She looks hot, huh?” Alice smirked, looking at Danny. “She dressed up for you.”

I whipped around to glare at my best friend. “Shut up, no I did not.”

“Really?” Alice scoffed. “So you’re wearing your favorite perfume for me? Well, I’m honored, Doll face.”

I rolled my eyes at her. “Brittany Spears smells delicious, I can wear her perfume if I want to.” But I was totally wearing it for Danny. Not because I had a crush on him or anything, because I didn’t, but there was some nagging part of me that wanted to impress him. I can tell the impression that he has of me and Alice and our lifestyle and what he thought/thinks of us, so I guess I just want to prove him wrong.