43- They Think They Know

Zoey’s POV

Trouble On The Mountain
March 5th, 2012

Alice Bowman, Lance and Zoey Chase. We all know their names. However, how much do we really know about these beautiful celebrities? We know what the public thinks that they know and what the papers tell you about them, but is that stuff really true? Well, we’re going to find out. After all, who knows these people better than their own school? That’s why the Crest Valley Paper investigated and got some answers of our own on Alice Bowman and Zoey Chase with a side of Lance, our favorite Army troop.

It has been reported and confirmed that on the night of Lance’s return from overseas, Alice and Lance, the couple made in aristocratic heaven, had a major falling out with fighting and tears and everything. The whole shebang. When asked about the situation, Lance Chase proceeded to threaten our reporter before evacuating the area. We searched for Alice Bowman but she had already fled the area. Sources say that she isn’t even in Texas anymore. Could her heart really be that fragile? Of course, everybody thought that Lalice was a couple that would last five lifetimes, but now everybody is questioning that theory.

“I am totes best friends with Zoey and Alice.” Says classmate, Sierra Mitchell. “And I can confirm that Lalice is dead, for good. Alice was so heartbroken that she ran off to California. She told me that Lance went gay overseas and that’s why they broke up. It’s such a tragedy, isn’t it?” This theory isn’t confirmed yet, but it has strong possibility.

“Those girls are in my government class, they’re really hot.” Claims another classmate, Rodney Cairns. “And Zoey talks about her boyfriend a lot, but I think they’re on a rough patch right now. I don’t know, it’s just not looking good for them right now. I heard he banged another chick so I don’t think they’re going to last very long either.”

We haven’t gotten either one of these famous girls to comment on any of these situations, but it is clear that their downfall is near. Both of their love lives are falling apart bloody and not one of their parents have been spotted in Texas since before the new year. Parentless, boy-less, and practically friendless, how will these girls make it through the rest of senior year without falling to pieces. The only thing they have going for them is their spots as valedictorian and solitarian. However, it is rumored that Alice is backing down from her spot as solitarian for reasons that are unknown to us right now but we’re doing our investigating to find out her reasons for backing out of such an honorable position.

I guess we’ll get our real answers at the Spring Fest this weekend where I’m told that they will be making their arrival. They have been abnormally invested in high school events this year, showing up at high school parties, the Sadie Hawkins dance, and even being seen shopping for prom dresses. So is prom on their to-do list this year? Who knows.

Well, all we can do now is sit back and watch as these girls try and find a way to survive the last few months of their high school career. Maybe The Beautiful Ones aren’t so… well, beautiful. At least, not on the inside.

This is Kurt Humming with the Crest Valley Paper, thank you for reading.

“What the hell is this?!” I shrieked in Danny’s face, throwing the crap paper onto the dining room table.

He let out a long sigh. “Look, today is only March 4th, this is tomorrow’s paper and I already had the article shut down.” He tried to reason with me but I wasn’t having any of it.

“This is shit.” Alice snapped angrily from beside me. “That stuff happened two weeks ago, who the hell wrote that?”

“A guy named Kurt. It says right there, Alice.” Lance chuckled, pointing to the name that was egotistically bolded at the bottom of the article.