14- So You're A Princess?

Zoey

woke up with a foggy headache, but it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. Luckily, however, there was a bubbly water waiting for me on my nightstand to quell what headache I did have.

With excited delight, I sat up in my bed and grabbed the cool glass in my hand and popped the two bubbly water pills into the glass of water and watched with childish amusement as the two pills fizzled and shot bubbles to the surface of the chilled water.

I took a few sips and looked around the room, it was empty, just as I expected it to be. I didn’t expect Danny to stay after everything that happened last night. With Adam, and then everything that happened once Alice left the room. That’s really embarrassing, but at least he finally realized that I am not good company. But even though I was relieved that he will probably finally stop trying to be my friend, I was also really disappointed. I liked talking to him, even though I knew I shouldn’t. It’s so dangerous for him to be my friend and it’s so stupid of me to believe that he would want to be after everything I’d told him last night.

Friends are stupid anyway.

As I continued to sip on my bubbly water, I headed towards Lance’s room where Alice had informed me that she’d be sleeping, even though she was probably awake by now, she’s always awake before me. When I got to Lance’s room, Alice was unsurprisingly not there, so I moved to the intercom on Lance’s wall beside the door and pushed the button.

“Ben, do you know where Alice is?” I asked into the speaker.

“She’s in the game room, Miss. Chase.” He replied back almost instantaneously. Jeez, I wasn’t expecting an answer so quickly, Ben was good. Not good, Ben was amazing at his job, which is probably why he’s paid so much. But I don’t know what he does with his incredibly high pay, he lives here, we provide him food and living stuff, and he doesn’t have any time off to splurge or anything. And then a thought occurred to me that he might have a family, like a wife and kids or something. I really don’t know anything about Ben’s personal life.

With that thought in my head, I thanked him quickly and then made my way down the hallway towards the game room, still in just a t-shirt and panties, knowing that Margaret was probably gone by now, out doing something that I didn’t care about with somebody that I didn’t care about. And as for the butlers and maids, they would just pretend not to see my exposed legs if they were passing in the hallway. Besides, most of them have worked here since I was born, so they’ve all seen me running around here naked when I was little.

I walked into the game room to see, much to my surprise, two people sitting on the couch in front of the TV with the Xbox running. Alice and Danny were sitting on the couch, in a heated game of Mario Carts.

“Oh, you’re still here.” I mumbled in shock.

Danny spun around to look at me, but Alice didn’t, which allowed her a few precious moments to get the lead over Danny, now winning.

“You’re losing.” I motioned to the TV, as Danny was still staring at me.

He quickly turned around and desperately tried to catch up to Alice’s character, but it was useless and Alice had just passed the finish line.

“Yay!” Alice chirped, trying to hide her competitive tendencies from Danny. I know that if she had just beat me, she’d be on her feet doing a little happy dance and singing ‘in your face’.

“Good morning.” Danny chirped to me once he realized that he’d lost.

“I thought you’d be gone by now.” I admitted, sitting down on the couch on the other side of Alice, who was wearing pajama pants and a tank top.