16- If You Talk To Me Again, I Will End You

Zoey

“I’m going to cut off his fingers and then feed them to his cat.”

That made me laugh. “He doesn’t have a cat.”

“He might, you never know.” Alice insisted as we got ready for school on Monday. I was still fuming about Mr. Danny Liar Pants. “But before I cut his fingers off, you might want to hear him out.”

“Why would I want to do that? If he wasn’t just using me for an article, then he wouldn’t have minded telling me that he was working for the school paper.” I told her matter of factly. I was so mad at Danny that I had to cancel on Adam for this weekend, and that just made me even more mad because Adam is a kinda-nice guy and now he is stood up because of Mr. Danny Liar Pants.

“Well, maybe he was just scared.” Alice shrugged.

“Why are you defending him?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

She shrugged again as we walked down the hallway to our English class room. “I don’t know, he just seemed really nice. And you really like him.”

Liked.” I corrected. “I really liked him and don’t say it like that, I only liked him as a friend.”

“I know that. But he was just a nice person.” Alice said with a small shrug.

“He’s a lying jerk.” I grumbled angrily.

“Well, maybe that ginger boy was lying.”

“I looked it up.” I admitted. “When we got home, I looked it up, and he’s in the yearbook right under the newspaper staff. Danny Banks, he’s the top journalist slash asshole.”

“Okay, I don’t think they have ‘top asshole’ as a title in the newspaper staff.”

“No, but if they did, he’d win it.” I grumbled. “I mean, who does that? It’s so fucked up.”

“Yeah, it is.” She sighed, giving up on trying to defend him, which was good because I didn’t want her to, I just wanted her to be angry with me and allow me to let out all of my angry steam.

The rest of the day was spent ranting about the dark haired prick. Alice suggested that we just ditch seventh period so that I didn’t have to face him or I could just go to her art class with her instead of my writing class, but I declined. I had to face him at some point and with a lot of witnesses would probably be better so that I don’t like, cut off any limbs or attempt to murder him or anything.

“Good luck and don’t get arrested.” Alice told me. “At least, not without me.”

I chuckled softly, she can always get me to smile even when I’m as mad as I am now. We said our goodbyes and then I nearly stomped into my writing class where Mr. Henry was writing something on the board.

“Zoey, can I see you up here for a moment?” He asked when he saw me sitting at my desk.

“Um, sure.” I muttered just as the bell rang and I saw the dark-haired demon walk into the class room and sit at the table where I was sitting like he has been doing. Two faced jerk. “What’s up?” I asked Mr. Henry as I stood at his desk.

He put a packet of paper in front of me and I recognized the title page of my short story that we turned in last week. “This was really good.” He commented.

“Really?” I asked in shock. “Well, thanks.”

“Have you ever tried getting published?” He asked curiously.

“Oh, no. I don’t want that.” I said quickly.

“Why not?” He asked me. “You’re obviously very talented and if it’s a question of using your name, you could use a pen name.”