Chapter Eleven - A Hot Shower

Half an hour later we loaded Cara's Honda and headed for the apartment. Cara hardly took a breath between ramblings as she drove. She honked her horn as she slowed to a stop in her usual parking spot. Tyler jogged down the steps and pulled both of our suitcases from the trunk, following us up the stairs.

"It's open," he puffs.

Cara pushes the door and holds it open. Tyler grunts when he drops our luggage to the floor. "Christ, baby! Your suitcase is twenty pounds heavier than Emilie's!"

Cara and I freeze when a woman emerges from the bathroom, buttoning her blouse.

"Hi," she says surprised. Her mascara coated eyes examine us before settling on our luggage. I recognize her as the leggy brunette Justin had followed from the cafeteria.

Cara glares at Tyler.

He holds up his hands. "She's with Justin!"

Justin rounds the corner in a pair of boxer shorts and yawns. He looks at his guest then pats her backside. "My company's here, you'd better go."

She smiles and wraps her arms around him, kissing his neck. "I'll leave my number on the counter."

"Eh... don't worry about it." Justin says in a casual tone.

"What?" She asks, leaning back to look in his eyes.

"Every time!" Cara says. She looks at the woman. "How are you surprised by this? HE's Justin Fucking Bieber! He is famous for this very thing, and every time they're surprised!" She said, turning to Tyler. He put his arm around her, gesturing for her to calm down.

The girl narrows her eyes at Justin then grabs her purse and storms out, slamming the door behind her.

Justin walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge as if that whole thing had not just gone down.

Cara shakes her head and walks down the hall. Tyler follows her, angling his body to compensate for the weight of her suitcase as he trails behind.

I collapse against the recliner and sigh, wondering if I was crazy for agreeing to come. I didn't realize Tyler's apartment was a revolving door for clueless bimbos.

Justin stands behind the breakfast bar, crossing his arms over his chest and smiles. "What's wrong, Em? Hard day?"

"No, I'm just thoroughly disgusted."

"With me?" He's smiling. I should have known that he expected conversation. It only makes me less incline to hold back.

"Yes, you. How can you just use someone like and treat them that way?"

"How did I treat her? She offered her number and I declined."

My mouth falls open at his lack of remorse. "You'll have sex with her, but you won't take her number?"

Justin leans on the counter with his elbows. "Why would I want her number if I'm not going to call her?"

"Why would you sleep with her if you're not going to call her?"

"I don't promise anyone anything, Em. She didn't stipulate a relationship before she spread-eagled on my couch."

I stare at the couch with revulsion. "She's someone's daughter Justin. What if, down the line, someone treats your daughter like that?"

"My daughter better not drop her panties for some jackass she just met, let's just put it that way."

I cross my arms, angry that he actually was making sense out of all this. "So, besides admitting that you're a jackass, you're saying that because she slept with you, she deserved to be tossed out like a stray cat?"