Chapter Six - Never Say Never

"Where are we going" I ask, knitting my eyebrows together.

"Wherever you want, I know this really good pizza place... I guess we could go there." He says.

My eyes snap down to my body "Um, I'm not really dressed."

His eyes rake up and down my body and heat floods my face. Embarrassment sits in the pit of my stomach as I try to remember why I decided to dress like total shit.

He grins "You look great, now let's go I'm starving."

I stand up and wave to Cara, passing Justin to walk down the stairs. I stop in the parking lot, watching as he straddles a matte black motorcycle.

"Uh..." I trail off, wrinkling my nose.

He shoots an impatient glare in my direction "Oh, get on. I'll go slow, I promise."

"What is it?" I ask, squinting at the writing near the gas tank.

"It's a Harley Night Rod. She is the love of my life, so don't scratch her paint when you get on."

"I'm wearing flip-flops, Justin!"

He stares at me, eyebrows furrowed together, like I'm an alien who just got off a spaceship or something, "okay...? and I'm wearing boots. Get on."

He slips on his sunglasses, and revs the engine bringing his most prized possession to life with a snarl. What a show off. With slight annoyance etched into my attitude I swing my leg over his motorcycle and reach behind me to find something to hold onto. My fingers feel around for a few seconds before I realize all there is, is the shiny plastic cover of taillights.

Justin grabs my wrists and wraps them around his abdomen. "There's nothing to hold onto but me, Emilie. Don't let go." He says, pushing the bike backward with his feet. With a flick of his wrists, he pulls onto the street, and we take off like a rocket. The loose pieces of hair that hang from the bun I so sloppily made out of my hair fly back and the wind rages against my face. I find salvage as I duck behind Justin's broad body.

"You are psychotic!" I exclaim.

Justin chuckles at my beat red face, leaning his bike onto its kickstand before dismounting. "I went the speed limit."

"Yeah, if we were on the autobahn!" I say, pulling the band out of my wind whipped hair and letting the tangles fall to the sides of my face.

Justin watches me pull hair away from my face and then walks to the door, holding it open. "I would never let anything happen to you, Emilie."

I storm past him into the building, my head not quite in sync with my feet. The smell of cheese and grease is heavy here and I follow Justin to booth situated in the corner of this dingy restaurant. I sit and I take in my surroundings. Red carpet covers most of the cement floor, and it looks like Justin has attempted to sit us away from everyone else in here, including Madison University students that are staring at us. Justin gives the waitress our order of two beers.

"Sure, Justin" she says, writing our drink orders on a pad of paper. She looks a bit high from his presence as she returns to the kitchen.

I tuck my wild hair behind my ears, suddenly embarrassed by my appearance. "Come here often?" I ask

Justin leans on the table with his elbows, his brown eyes fixated on mine. "So, what's your story Emilie? Are you a man-hater in general, or do you just hate me?"

"I think it's just you" I mumble

He laughs once, amused at my mood. "I can't figure you out. You're the first girl that's ever been disgusted with me before sex. You don't get all flustered when you talk to me, and you don't try to get my attention."

"It's not a ploy. I just don't like you."

"You wouldn't be here if you didn't like me."

My frown smooth's and I sigh. "I didn't mean you're a bad person. I just don't like being a foregone conclusion for the sole reason of having a vagina." I focus on the grains of salt littering our table until I hear a choking noise from Justin's direction.

His eyes widen and he shakes with a gut wrenching laughter. "Oh my God! You're killing me! That's it. We have to be friends. I won't take no for an answer."

"I don't mind being friends, but that doesn't mean you have to try to get in my panties every five seconds."

"You're not sleeping with me. I get it."

I try not to smile, but fail.

His eyes brighten. "You have my word. I won't even think about your panties... unless you want me to."

I rest my elbows on the counter and lean into them. "And that won't happen, so friends it is."

A sheepish grin sharpens his features as he leans in a bit "Never say never."

"So, what's your story?" I ask. "Have you always been 'Justin Bieber the Karate Kid', or is that just since you came to Madison?" I use my fingers as quotations and he winces at my nickname for him.

"I've always fought, I just make money for it now." He states.

His short answers are starting to get on my nerves. "That's it? You're not going to tell me anything about yourself?"

"What do you want to know?"

"The normal stuff. Where you're from, what you want to be when you grow up... things like that.

"I'm from here, born and raised, and I'm a criminal Justice major."

With a sigh, he unrolls his silverware and straightens them beside his plate. He looks over his shoulder, his jaw tense. Two tables seating the Madison soccer team erupt in laughter, and Justin seems to be annoyed at what they are laughing about.

"You're joking," I say in disbelief.

"No, I'm a local." He says, obviously distracted.

"I meant about your major. You don't look like the criminal justice type."

His eyebrows pull together, suddenly interested in our conversation. "Why?"

I scan the sleeve of tattoos covering his arm. "I'll just say that you seem more criminal and less justice."

"I don't really get in trouble. Dad was pretty strict."

"Where was your mom?"

"She died when I was a kid." He says

"I'm... I'm sorry." I stutter, shaking my head. His answer caught me off guard.

He dismisses my sympathy. "I don't remember her. My brothers do, but I was only three when she died."

"Four brothers huh? How'd you keep them straight?" I tease.

"I kept them straight by who hit the hardest, which also happened to be oldest to youngest. James; the twins, Jake and Jesse; and then Jaxon. You never, ever want to get caught alone in a room with Jake and Jesse. I learned half of the stuff I do in the circle from them. Jaxon is small but he's fast as fuck. He's the only one that can land a punch on me now."

I shake my head, dumbfounded at the thought of five Justin's running around in one household. "Do they all have tattoos?"

"Pretty much. Except James. He's an ad exec in California."

"And your dad? Where is he?"

"Around," He says. His jaw is working again, growing increasingly irritated with the soccer team.

"What are they laughing about?" I question, gesturing to the rowdy table. He shakes his head, clearly not wanting to share. I cross my arms and squirm in my seat, nervous about what they were saying that caused him so much aggravation. "Tell me." I demand.

*Okay, so I really wasn't sure about this story. I didn't know where I was going to take it and what would happen but I think I'm going to continue now. Thanks for everyone who asked me to update it really made me want to keep the story going. Alright so I'm at 92 votes and 2.9k reads so let's get this story more votes please (if you like it) now that I'm going to continue. Thanks and much love, Abby x.*