Chapter Ten - We're Friends

Cara walks in and plops onto my bed, arms crossed. “Can you believe this shit? How much are we paying and we can’t even take a hot shower?”

Cassy sighs. “Stop whining. Why don’t you just stay at your boyfriends place? Haven’t you been staying with him anyway?”

Cara's eyes dart in Cassy’s direction. “Good idea, Cassy. The fact that you’re a total bitch comes in handy sometimes.”

Cassy keeps her eyes on the computer monitor, unfazed by Cara’s jab.

Cara pulls out her cell phone and types a text message… with amazing speed and precision may I say. Her phone chirps a second later and she smiles at me. “We’re staying with Tyler and Justin until they fix the boilers.”

“What? I am not!” I cry.

“Oh, yes you are. There’s no reason for you to be stuck here freezing in the shower when Justin and Tyler have two bathrooms at their place.”

“I wasn’t invited.”

“I’m inviting you. Ty already said it was fine. You can sleep on the couch… if Justin isn’t using it.”

“And if he’s using it?”

Cara shrugs. “Then you can sleep in Justin’s bed.”

“Hell no!”

She rolls her eyes. “Don’t be such a baby, Emilie. You guys are friends right? If he hasn’t tried anything by now, I don’t think he will.”

Her words make my open mouth snap shut. Justin had been around me in one way or another every night for the past few weeks. I had been so occupied with making sure everyone knew we were just friends, it hadn’t occurred to me that he really was interested in only a friendship. I’m not sure why, but I feel insulted.

Cassy looks at us with disbelief, “Justin Bieber hasn’t tried to sleep with you?”

“We’re friends!” I say defensively.

“I know, but he hasn’t even tried? He’s slept with everyone.”

“Except us,” Cara says, looking over. “And you.”

Cassy shrugs. “Well, I’ve never met him. I’ve only heard.”

“Exactly.” I snap. “You don’t even know him.”

Cassy returns to her monitor, oblivious to our presence once again.

I sigh. “All right Car. I need to pack.”

“Make sure you pack for a few days; who knows how long it will take them to fix the boilers?”  She says, entirely too excited.

Dread settles over me as if I were about to sneak into enemy territory. “Ugh…. all right.”

Cara bounces when she hugs me. “This is going to be so much fun!”

*YES I AM AWARE THIS WAS SO SHORT! and because it was short I am going to make a deal with you guys. If you guys vote and comment enough I will post a new chapter tonight (Double Update) so comment and vote like crazy please(; okay bye ily guys - Abby x*