Chapter Eight - Prometa Anatela

Justin follows me to my room, and I pull out my study guide while he grabs one of my books shuffling through it. He quizzes me relentlessly, taking no excuses when I don’t know the answer. He also put a fair share of knew knowledge in my brain and explained things I didn’t understand in more detail then the book or professor ever got into. Soon the concepts changed from confusing to obvious. 

“Prometa Anatela,” he says

“What?” I question, not sure if this is Justin being Justin or something I’m actually supposed to know.

“Prometa Anatela. It’ll help you remember, Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, and Telophase. 

 “hmm, Prometa Anatela.” I repeat and he nods.

He stands up and smacks me on the head with the papers. “See? You’ve got this test in the bag."

I sigh. “Well, we’ll see.”

“I’m going to walk you to class, and quiz you on the way.  Keep the information fresh.”

I lock the door behind us. “You’re not going to be mad if I flunk this test, are you?”

“You won’t flunk, Em. We need to start earlier for the next one though.” He says, keeping up with me to the science building.

“How are you going to tutor me, study for your own tests and train for your fights?”

Justin chuckles, “I don’t train for my fights. Jace calls me and tells me where the fight is and I go – Simple as that.”

I shake my head in disbelief as he holds the paper out in front of him to ask the first question. We had nearly finished a second round of the study guide when we reached my class.

“Kick ass,” he smiles, handing me the notes and leaning against the doorframe.

“Hey Justin,”

I turn around to see a tall, lanky man smile at Justin on his way into the classroom

“Matt,” Justin nods.

Matt’s eyes brighten a bit when he looks to me, and smiles. “Hi, Emilie.”

“Hi,” I say, surprised that he knew my name. I had seen him in class but we’d never talked.

Matt continued to his seat, joking with guys sitting beside him. “Who’s that?” I ask.

Justin shrugs, but the skin around his eyes seems tenser that before “Matt Johnson. He’s one of my Sig Tau brothers.”

“You’re in a frat?” I ask, clearly taken back.

“Sigma Tau, same as Ty. I thought you knew that,” he says, looking past me to Matt.

“Well… you don’t seem… the fraternity type,” I said, eyeing the tattoos on his forearm.

Justin turns his attention back to me and grins. “My dad’s an alumnus, and my brothers are also all Sig Tau. It’s a family thing.”

“And they expected you to pledge?” I ask, skeptical.

“Not really, they’re just good guys,” He says, flicking my papers. “Better get to class.”

 “Thanks for the help.” I say, nudging him with my elbow. Cara passes us, and I follow her to our seats.

“How’d it go?” She questions with a  smile.

“He’s a really good tutor.” I say.

“Just a tutor?”

“He’s a good friend, too.”

She seems disappointed, and I giggle at the fallen expression on her face.

Her and Tyler’s difference of opinions are giving me a whiplash but she’d always dreamed for us to date friends, and roommates-slash-cousins, for her, was hitting the jackpot. She wanted us to room together when she decided to come to Madison but I respectfully declined, hoping to spread my wings a bit and she complied after a week of pouting. But since then it’s been her main mission to hook me up with one of Tyler’s friends.

Justin’s healthy interest in me had surpassed her ideas.

I breezed through the test and sat on the steps outside the building, waiting for Cara. When she slumped down beside me in defeat, I wait for her to speak.

“That was awful” she cries.

“You should really study with me and Justin, He explains things well.”

Cara groans and leans her head on my shoulder. “You were no help at all! Couldn’t you have given me a courtesy nod or something?” I took my arm around her lean body and walk her toward my dorm.

*Hey Guys, I really hoped you liked this chapter!! uhm yeah I suck at after notes but anyways I need you to do something for me, please? So if you read this and liked it and like where this story is going comment a smiley face so I know!! I need feedback so comment please!! Oh, AND vote it would mean the world - Abby x*