Chapter 5

When I came to again, there was still knocking.

"Shut up would you?" I screamed. Each pound on the door split into my hangover like a knife in my head.

BANG BANG BANG!.... or don't stop pounding on the door... thats cool.

"Oh you effing arse. I'M COMING ALREADY!!!" I shuffled over to the door, sore in all the whole places and my head spinning. I really just wanted to go back to sleep. 

When I reached the door, I saw my reflection in the mirror on the wall and froze. My hair was in a tangled mess piled on the top of my head. Makeup was smeared and running all down my face. I was wearing an oversized blue button-up shirt that went to mid thigh(Not mine. Who's? Good question) and nothing on the bottom whatsoever. Sighing, I opened the door anyway, too depressed to care. 

"Look man, would you please stop poun..." my sentence caught short as I gawked at the person, or rather, devilishly handsome god that stood in front of me. 

 Brandon stood there, in all his glory, taking in my outfit with wide eyes. He's seen me in less so I didn't care. But what the hell was he doing here? To break my heart all over again? Or to apologize?HAH! I seriously doubted that. He left me without a note ar anything, and it was his fault I got so drunk I couldn't remember half the people I hooked up with last night.

"Um, can I come in?" he asked, leering at my bare legs lustfully. 

"Um, I don't think so." I mimicked his voice without doing a good job at all. I knew that I was being a bitch, but I was not going to let myself fall for him again. I never loved him. I only knew him for a day! Why, why was my heart pounding so hard in my chest? Why were my palms getting sweaty and it was getting hard to speak? 

"Okay, fine. But I have something to say and I would rather not have a door in between us. Could you come outside?" He asked with a twinkle in his eyes, the only thing not matching with his serious expression. I nodded slowly and walked out, closing the door behind me. I couldn't bear to look at his face. I could feel the rejection coming, and I didn't want to face it.

"Look at me" he whispered while lightly grabbing my chin and lifting it. 

I looked into his gorgeous eyes and got lost all over again, just like the first time. Then I thought of what he had done to me, how he left me, and those feelings dulled. I'm sure he could see the pulse of anger in my eyes. 

"I'm sorry for not leaving a note or something to let you know that I didn't just leave without saying goodbye. My dad called me for a work thing and I didn't want to wake you up because well, lets face it, we had a pretty tiring night." he told me in a dead serious voice with a smirk towrds the end of his speech. 

I was pretty tired at the end of that, and I was having a good sleep, but he still could have left a note or something. I'd had many wild nights before, and when they left I was usually okay. But I had liked him. Alot. I couldn't handle him leaving. I mean, he had the decency to go on a date with me and get to know me before he got what he wanted, but I had wanted him more. His to actually care for me.  

"You wanna know the truth? I really thought that you were different and that maybe this wouldnt be a one night stand but clearly I was worng so whats done is done and you can't change it!" I finished with tears welling in my eyes. All I saw was hurt flooding his eyes and his hand dropped to his side.

"Listen! I am different! I really liked you, and I would never use you like that!" He looked at me with pleading eyes. "Please? Forgive me. Give me another chance? Because I swear, I'm going to do everything to get you back, love. Take some time, I'm okay with that, but believe me, I'm going to keep trying."  

With that he turned and walked down the stairs, climbed into his car and sped away. I just stood there staring at the spot where his car had once occupied until kids started to pile into the beach.

Grabbing the pillow that was sitting on the outside couch on the porch, I chucked it as far as I could and it hit someone in the head. I seriously didn't care.