Meeting Jace {1}

Oh My Gosh! Stupid Ryder ! How could he reject me?  Kahlan thought to herself, her hands covering her face in her mind as she was walking on the street of Auckland.

There is nothing wrong with me right?  I have been in Auckland for a week now, and sworn already, that I will never ever go back to Miami. I still can't believe he rejecte-... kahlan thought before she was interrupted.

In a blink of an eye, Kahlan was lying on the floor. Looking up, she gave a sharp glare at the guy who bumped into her. Immediately, she stopped her glaring fest when she saw his features, well, mainly it was his face that caught her uninvited attention. 

Oh. My. God. He is gorgeous, but not as gorgeous as my mat-. Kahlan managed to stopped herself before she could thought more of her ass of a mate who rejected her.

" Urgh! I have to stop thinking about him! He is no good to my dwelling, so why would he matter? He means nothing to me anymore." Kahlan muttered, trying to tried to convince herself.

"Take a picture and it will last longer." The guy smirked at her.

After hearing that, Kahlan realised that she was staring at him, and turned her head out of embarrassment.She quickly made her way up to her normal stance. 

As if by instinct, she glared again towards the guy at his smart remark.

"I believe you owe me an apology." Kahlan quickly snapped back, hiding the feelings she almost shed.

"What for?" He asked cockily. 

Kahlan felt rage raising up her neck, her hands itching to slap the smirk off his face.

"You knocked me down! God. Why do I keep meeting people who are assholes?" Kahlan replied snarkily, her eyes shooting daggers.

 "Whoa, hold your horses, woman. I'm just joking." He raised his hands up as if surrendering.

Kahlan rolled her eyes and walked away, towards him. Just as she was about to walk past him, he grabbed her elbow, stopping her in her tracks.

"Oh, come on. It's just a joke. Let me treat you lunch as apology. Okay? I know a good place." The guy said.

Kahlan looked back at him, feeling irritated and shook his hand away.

Just as she was about to walk away, a distinct scent filled the range, and Kahlan's nose pulled the scent in. Her face snapped up towards the guy, as she realized the scent was coming from him; the scent of a werewolf.

"Who are you?" Kahlan asked, a little wary, "You are a werewolf right?". 

"I'm Jace, Jace Silva. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Jace bowed a little bow, "And yup, I'm a werewolf and so are you." 

Jace winked at Kahlan.

"But I am the only werewolf here. Hunters killed them all off..." As Jace was speaking, his smile dropped and a dark look crossed his face.

"Oh. I see. I'm so sorry." Kahlan said sympathetically.

"It's fine. It happened a long time ago." Jace's face suddenly brighten. "Let's go! Lunch is on me!".

We arrived at a fast food restaurant just a few blocks from where we met.

"You call this good food?" Kahlan looked at Jace with an eyebrow raised.

"Don't judge the book by it's cover." Jace said teasingly. "This place is the best in this area."

They settled down in a booth near the entrance. A waitress immediately came to tend to them.

"Jace! You're back? You just left 15 minutes ago! You are hungry again?"The waitress asked, surprised.

Jace looked at Kahlan from the corner of his eyes and looked back at the waitress.

"Hey Mel! I guess I did not eat enough just now? haha." Jace said sheepishly while scratching his head.

After having our orders taken and the waitress left with our order, Kahlan turned to Jace, " You know you don't have to force yourself to eat right? You just have to let me know you have eaten and stare at me eat."

"No no. I'm really still hungry. I ate too little just now and you know I'm a werewolf. We, werewolves, tend to eat more than humans." Jace grinned at Kahlan. 

"So... Why are you all alone in this country? You don't look like you are European..." Jace's face turned serious.

With that said, Kahlan remembered what had just happened moments before. She bursted into tears, unable to bottle up her emotions any longer, and proceeded to tell him what had happened. All starting from Ryder's birthday party...

Hey guys. I finally edited this chapter. Sorry for the wait. I hope you guys like this new version!

See you next time! I will edit the rest soon!