Episode Three - Chapter 13: World War A.

Liam POV:

Consumed by a colossal darkness my mind raced through a labyrinthine of confusion trying to grasp a hold onto reality – Allison – she was my anchor. I hadn’t a clue how I ended up unconscious as my last memories were cascading into a whirl pool of confusion each playing out in front of me as if I had been watching my life on repeat in a movie.

Niall and I had been walking towards our lounge in which we patiently waited for the flight that would take us back to Heathrow airport and eventually home. “Liam I’m hungry – want a snack?” Niall called from the left of me as we tried to avoid peering eyes of the public like vultures surrounding us. By now I should have been used to the idea of being watched however each nerve in my body screamed at me to run – something felt off. Niall spotted a vending machine at the end of a long deserted hallway with a door open widely as if to entice him so naturally he ran towards it almost dumping his baggage as I trailed after with Allison following slightly behind, not wanting to be seen – A was still on her mind. Lingering at the mouth of the hallway Allison stood with her baggage pretending to text as I turned my back on her for a moment making sure Niall didn’t find a way to bring the vending machine with us. A thump alerted me for a moment thinking Allison may have accidently dropped her bags however as I turned quickly on my heel I found her limp on the ground. Although I hadn’t had any time to reach her nor say a word when I was next to fall into the pit of darkness known as my subconsciousness.

Just like the dawn breaking on the horizon eventually the darkness turned into a brilliant light that welcomed me back to the land of the living however I felt I had only been given a visitors pass as my eyes started to adjust to my surroundings. Oval windows dotted along the wall running adjacent to me seemed all too familiar as I had been spending half my year in planes alone, although this was not the plane I was meant to be on. The throbbing in my head subdued every now and again however started back up just like a heart beat pumping the pain throughout my brain. My head hung low as it rolled around with each movement from the turbulence – I hated not being in control of my own body especially when my mind was screaming at me to become alert. Groggily I lifted my head to its full capacity feeling like a weight had been place upon it , I was finally able to absorb my surroundings. My hands stretched out the cramps drawing my eyes to the restriction of my movement “Ni—“ I tried speaking but my whole body was in a war with my commands. My feet had been tied much like my arms as well as my body to a chair that seemed a little too presidential for a commercial flight – a private plane? It must have been. I notice Niall still unconscious to my left as Allison gazed at me wide eyed tears spilling over like crystals forming from her blue terrified eyes, she had been gagged. Each few minutes I felt as though I was able to finally speak however the words never formed on my tongue and for a moment I considered the scenario my tongue had been removed. However as I finally inspected my body for further observation I found the cause of my deterioration. The needle placed in my arm had been supplying me with a nice dose of unconsciousness as soon as we entered the plane. The drip stood up right beside my chair however as I tried knocking it over it merely caused the drip to leak faster into my system like a owl glass allowing sand to slip through faster by increased movement.

The moment I had finally reached my target of knocking over the stand, with a little help from turbulence, the cockpit door swung open to reveal a figure dressed in black although no matter how much I tried to place the face I swore my mind pictured Taylah. The closer the figure came I realised it was a mask – a very good mask indeed. Picking up a remote they turned on the TV that sat in front of both Allison and I drawing our attention immediately away from the figure as Niall was still counting sheep.

BREAKIN NEWS: A plane crashed outside of California just after takeoff – no survivors reported as of yet and is being treated as a terrorist attack.”   

If I was able to move my jaw I am sure it would have collided with the ground in my astonishment towards the news – that could have been my plane. Then it dwelled on me although the reporter broke my thoughts with the next update on the situation.

UPDATE: The plane was reported leaving for Heathrow airport earlier this evening with special guests from none other than One Direction – it has not yet been confirmed as to whether Niall Horan and Liam Payne, two members of the biggest boy band, have survived the crash... we will be sure to keep you updated.”

Now I was sure that my jaw had reached the ocean below us however I hadn’t had a chance to say anything since my drip had been placed in its original upright position as the masked figure turned towards Allison who was now kicking with a foot she had freed. My vision started to blur again as my body failed me however the last I remember was Allison being dragged away limp as a sack of potatoes .“ALLISON” was the last I was able to articulate as my body gave in to the eternal darkness – who knew when I would wake again?

I couldn’t tell you how long I had been out or when I was buckled into a car with my hands in cuffs chained to Niall’s although it had happened and the twilight had set in over us making too difficult to pin point any sort of land mark. Was A’s plan to make us disappear? As I searched the car for Allison I had no luck in allowing her face to grace my eyes with her presence. Mum, Dad, my sisters, Harry, Louis, Zayn... the world thought I was dead so no rescue party was ever going to be sent out to retrieve us. A had serious guts – how hard would it be to mask a face that was known all over the world? My mind thought up sick resolutions to that issue making my stomach turn as I went. Pulling me from my thoughts was the car abruptly stopping so I peered out the window onto a house that stood alone swallowed by the colossal forest surrounding the perimeter. Ghostly shadows danced on the roof cast by the moon hanging above the trees as if welcoming me to sick party celebrating my death. Tormenting me the shadows beckoned me to enter the house however I sunk back into my seat closing my eyes pretending I was once again dreaming myself away from this nightmare. We were being silently hauled into the house of horrors by at least two people each which meant four people were surely in on this sickening prank – A joke... please be a joke? As their shadows played out on the walls from the natural light sneaking in from the window breaking up the darkness I dared to sneak a peak of the interior wishing I hadn’t as I saw the walls plastered with posters much like a fans room – no they weren’t posters but a time line, a murder plan... A’s layer.

Instead of being carried up into the higher rooms of the house we were flung deeper into the heart as if it were safer to keep us hidden with the depths of the basement rather than potentially allowing us room for escape by jumping. As we were finally placed at separate ends of the room chained to a pipe the A-team finally left with their hoods pulled tight and their masks hiding their identity “I didn’t think it would be so easy to make the world believe they are dead – cheers to making two parts of One Direction disappear” a voice spoke breaking the deathly silence resembling one I had heard previously. Before I was able to truly think it over fatigue had finally grasped a hold of my mind again however this time it wasn’t induced by a drug more or less the overwhelming acceptance that this would be my final resting place – a basement with bared windows, my best friend and a few spiders that would attended my funeral. The wicked web of lies had finally come to the end entangling me as A went in for the kill.