Episode One - Chapter 2: He Knows Who 'A' Is

Louis' POV

It was only about two blocks that I had to walk to the little corner shop that was near our estate.  I had run out of milk yet again, and I had just never seemed to have learned my lesson in buying extra. I didn't mind taking a walk down to the corner shop. I could get some fresh air and if it was a good day, maybe catch a bit of sun with some luck. Sometimes I bumped into girls who wanted either an autograph, a picture or even just a hug, which I would always be quite happy to do. It was just me by myself, and no one knew where I was going to be at a certain time, so it never attracted the crowds, just a few friendly girls here and there. If I was able to make their day, or as they say, their year, just by walking down to the corner shop for some milk, then I would be more than happy to forget to buy extra everyday. These past couple of months didn't feel like a normal sea of eyes glued to me though. The atmosphere of the stares felt judgmental, and every step I took I felt like I was in the wrong. I questioned every single action. Was I meant to put my left foot before my right? Or my right foot before my left? Was I meant to swing my arms? Have I always swung my arms? How did I used to carry myself before? What I had done to both Eleanor and Cher was probably the worst thing I have ever done and could ever do in my entire life. Eleanor hadn't spoken to me since the night she found out, and I had tried to cut all ties with Cher completely because it wasn't fair on her to receive the repercussions of my wrongdoings. What was also constantly at the back of my mind was that it wasn't just this sea of eyes on me, there was one pair in particular that was always watching, planning their next attack on my friends and I.

"There you go love!" I said to a little girl of about five years of age as I gave her a cuddle and a kiss on the cheek as her dad snapped a couple of pictures on his phone. I looked at her and wondered what kind of life she had ahead of her, what she still had to go through. She still had her full twelve years of schooling, maybe university or college, going out with friends and just having fun with the rest of her childhood and adolescence. It was what I had hoped mine to turn out to be, and I was fortunate for it to turn into more that what I ever could have expected it to be, until it all just came crashing down, just how the following phone call had done by adding to what already was going on. It was Zayn's caller ID. I was hoping that maybe he was ready to talk about what happened on the boat that night. I still believe he needed to no matter how many times he insisted that he didn't want to and didn't need it. "Hey mate, how's it going?" I said after saying goodbye to the little girl and answered my phone. "Get the lads over now, I think I know who 'A' is." were the only words that sounded through the receiver. I said nothing and started a fast paced walk back to the estate and round to his apartment. It seemed as though he had already let Liam know because he had just arrived at Zayn's door at the same time as I did, texting the other lads as he knocked. "Did he tell you what's going on?" I asked Liam as we stood waiting for Zayn to open the door. Usually, we would have just walked in, but due to obvious reasons, we all kept our doors locked as of late. "No, he didn't, just that he knew who..." he moved his eyes from left to right and I got his drift. "Yeah.." I nodded. "Me too." It seemed like we waited outside Zayn's door for ages, we just kept knocking. "So, I've been meaning to ask you between all of this lately, how you've been doing Lou?" He said looking at his feet. I could tell he was feeling bad for not really asking before, but I understood he didn't really know how to since he of all people would have definitely not agreed with my actions. I was thankful we managed to still stay close and it was how I knew I had true friends. Time and time again it's been proven, that no matter how much I mess up, these boys were always still by my side and sticking up for me, whether they agreed with me or not. "Umm...yeah, alright I suppose." I smiled slightly, not letting too much on during this point in time where we had a lot more serious issues to focus on and deal with. 

It was probably about a good ten minutes before Harry and Niall came walking around the corner looking quite confused as to the sudden meeting. That was when Zayn had finally come to the door still wearing the clothing I had seen him in yesterday, as well as the day before, and probably even the day before that. "Hobo Malik, how nice of you to open the door for us!" He glared at me instantly, not saying anything as he opened his apartment to us all. We sat on his couch which was covered in rubbish, crumbs, old plates and dirty blankets that had been messed on. Liam and Harry immediately just couldn't help themselves and started cleaning up their areas whilst they were sitting down. "So what's this all about? Who is 'A'?" Niall eagerly questioned. "Guys, I think Taylah is trying to communicate with me through my dreams! She showed me who 'A' was!" Zayn went on, speaking a lot more in one sentence than he had in an entire week. "Zayn, you've had a rough couple of months, I think you just need to get some fresh air and start rehearsing for the tour like the rest of us. We know it's hard, but we need to all start living as normal and make it seem like  'A' trying to hurt us isn't getting to us." Liam went on rationally. "TAYLAH IS DEAD! JOSH IS DEAD HOW CAN YOU EXPECT TO GO ON LIKE NORMAL LIAM!" Zayn snapped. "I don't, I just think you need to try because sitting here mourning is clearly not doing you any good. Time heals everything, and the tour is going to take your mind off it all." "Time heals nothing, especially when Perrie is 'A'! My ex-girlfriend! Your so-called friend!" He splurged it all out. "Dude, you're angry at her, don't pin it on her through her anger." I went on. "Like you can talk about women Tommo..." He said, shutting me up. "Tay showed me in my dream! I woke up and Perrie was in my kitchen wearing 'A's clothing and the window was wide open. Perrie is 'A'!" The physical evidence that he had seemed like he was onto something pretty legit. "So no mind-tricks, no dream, she broke into your apartment through the window wearing 'A's clothes and she had absolutely no reason to be here because you'd broken up right?" Harry tried processing this slowly as he usually did. "Yep!" Zayn nodded. We all looked at each other, unsure of what to think. "What motives did she have?" Niall wondered. "The breakup happened after all of this 'A' stuff began anyway." "I don't know Niall, that's what I need to find out."

Not even minutes had passed until we heard an out of rhythm knock on the door. "Did you order meatlovers again?!" Niall jumped up thinking Zayn had kindly provided us with some lunch, like Niall was going to share anyway. He opened the door, not only disappointed in the fact that there was no pizza guy standing there, but not a person at all. He picked the envelope up off the ground and brought it inside. "Zayn, I think you have another sympathy card or somethin'." He said tossing the envelope on the coffee table. Zayn sighed and shrugged his shoulders in sadness. Something, however, had caught my eye. It was addressed 'One Direction'. I picked the envelope up off the table. "Lou, don't be nosey!" Harry said thinking I was being distasteful. I held the envelope up. "It's addressed to all of us." The lads leaned forward as I opened the envelope. Inside was a note and a photograph. 

"Think you know who I am? Think again - A." 

The photo was the most shocking of all. There lying face down on the dusty ground, in what seemed like a forest, was a young girl, purple hair, in tight leather pants and a black hoodie. Perrie.