Episode One - Chapter 1: It Was Only Just A Dream

Zayn POV:

It was a haze of smoke erasing any trace of colour from my mind, the smog filled my lungs suffocating me, which was ironic considering I consumed smoke on a daily bases I should have built up some sort of immunity. The heat hit my face ten times hotter than any dance floor I had found myself aimless wondering around on these days, as the drinking dulled any sort of emotion I felt. The flames licked the ceiling leaving my only escape consumed so I ran forward to the door at the far end of the long hallway, tripping over myself as if I were drunk but still highly aware of everything going on. My shirt was held to my mouth hoping to ventilate my breathing so I didn’t pass out before I reached hopefully what would be my safety.

My hand reached out taking hold of the metal handle but instinctively let go once it burnt me leaving a massive welt, I panicked telling myself not to look back but the monster of flames were consuming the hallway faster than my mind could keep up with. I had no choice but to choke myself for a moment as I wrapped my shirt around my hand trying to open the door, finally it budged as I chucked myself inside closing the door with all my force as if it would stop the flames. All of a sudden the smoke receded from the room leaving my eyes dry and my lungs burning. The room was small and white washed as I turned around making my way to my feet I saw a familiar face at the opposite end of the room, Taylah. I ran to her trying to talk to her but she couldn’t hear me, she couldn’t respond. “Zayn they are dangerous, they took me – held me captive” those words were all too familiar to me, “Taylah I’m right here! Who are they?! Tell me please?!” I begged trying to pull her free but my touch made no difference to her. “I can’t tell you, not here it isn’t safe” she was on repeat, a broken record of something I shut out... a part of a painful memory. “Taylah please come with me?! I can save you if you just come” I pulled on her arm but nothing seemed to be working, she looked right through me.

The door at the end of the room, the one stopping the flames from reaching us opened but I distinctively remember shutting it... I focused my energy on Taylah “Taylah I love you, just come with me and everything will be okay! I can save you!” I broke down after a few more times of yelling. I fell to my knees begging her from the ground, and as I looked up she had finally noticed me. “Zayn?” she questioned as I nodded my head profusely “yes, it’s me Tay, come with me?” but she was pointing to the end of the room. “They took me” I turned around looking towards the empty door but now it was occupied by a hooded figure, I stood protectively in front of Taylah. “Who are you?” they kept their face down “what do you want?!“ my questions turned into demands as I was sick of playing games. “WHO ARE YOU?” I yelled in anger stepping forward, they took their hood of and lifted their head, it took me a moment to realise who stood in front of me but the moment I did the flames seemed to consume the room again “Perrie?”. I was at a loss for words as the smoke choked me again and I pulled on Taylah’s hand to get out of there but a voice sounded the room, Perrie’s voice “didn’t I tell you smoking could kill you?”. I inhaled too much that my vision became fuzzy and my head turned into a haze of words, then there was nothing.

A bang filled my ears as I woke up in a cold sweat from my mid night nightmare, the reoccurring one where I could never, ever safe Taylah but this one was different... I mean I always seemed to fail but Perrie, why was she there? I realised I should probably check out the noise that came from the kitchen but I figured it would just be Niall coming for his mid night snack because he ran out of food at his house. The boys had decided to frequently check up on me nowadays to make sure I was okay, they would bring food and beer sitting in the opposite chair to me trying to get me to talk but so far they had failed, I was intent on not talking. It had been two months since the incident which means two months of living in complete hell, everyone took it upon their selves to become my personal therapist but the only one who ever made a difference was Liam... he didn’t say much he just kept me company.

I rubbed my head looking around my room seeing the pile of clothes I had been creating and the massive amount of alcoholic bottles sitting like ten pins for bowling on the other side of my bed. I really couldn’t care less as I sat up rubbing my head from the constant hangover I had acquired over these past two months. I put on the closest sweat shirt to me as I pulled my legs over the bed kicking over yet another half empty alcoholic beverage. Looking at the mirror on the way through to the kitchen I realised I gave a whole new meaning to the term Hobo. My feet carried me like a zombie through to the hallway where I searched for the noise that had pulled me from my impending doom of a nightmare. My hand found the light switch as my eyes adjusted to the room focusing in on yet another black hooded figure “you got to be kidding me” I let out thinking this was another nightmare. The figure stood still like a street performing statue that had just changed poses, I rubbed my eyes a few times more waiting for something to happen but nothing did which made me a little alert. “Who are you?” I said my voice sounding as hoarse as ever but the person didn’t respond. I looked at the clock in the kitchen and it read 1:11am which certainly told me I wasn’t dreaming. I became a little more panicked “why are you in my apartment?” I looked down to the smashed photo frame at the person’s feet; it was of Perrie and I.

“Zayn... I” the person let out a very convincing impersonation of Perrie but they turned around removing the hood I realised I had been woken from a dream because the actual nightmare was seeing a purple headed girl in my kitchen wearing A’s clothes at 1:11am. “Zayn, I came to check on you... the boys are worried and I brought you some things... I know it’s late but... I couldn’t sleep and I knew that you were probably awake...” she rambled one but I held one hand to my temples with my eyes squinted and the other one out to shut her up. “Why are you dressed like that, breaking photo frames and how did you even get in?” I said looking at the window that was open. She was out of excuse and I was out of belief...