Episode One - Chapter 5: Something You Should Know

Niall's POV

I felt ice cold hands exploring me waist. Me eyelids flew open. The time flashed 6:02am; I hadn't even been home from the graveyard nightmare two hours yet. Concerned with strange hands upon me and a body laying next to me, I turned the light on to find Holly quite comfortably trying to watch me sleep. "Holly?! You're back?!" I said shocked to see her. She had gone home to Mullingar not long after New Years with the whole boat accident and another death. She thought I needed time with the lads. Her eyes were a beautiful sea blue, and they glistened as the sun poked through the gaps in the shutters. "You're going on tour next week, it's the means for a celebration!" she smiled, seeming very happy to be back. I was happy she was back, yet the question that couldn't escape me mind was what was she to me? Was she just me ex-girlfriend? Was she me best friend? Or was there really something more between us? She had a key to me apartment, she comes and goes in and out me life whenever she pleases and I just bent over backwards whenever she needed without blinking an eyelid. Yes. I liked her. A little more than I had originally planned after our break-up three years ago. I rolled over towards her and took the plunge. Wrapping me arms around her like I had never done before. Something surprised me though, her actions matched mine, but the words that came out of her mouth didn't match at all. "I love you Niall, but there's something you should know."

I was never good enough for her. She doesn't deserve to have a guy who's always away. She has her own life. I left her for my dreams the first time, what would make her think it wouldn't happen again? The press will be too much for her. I can't expose her to that. I can't expose her to 'A'. There were so many thoughts running around in me head as she got up to make us a cuppa. She promised we would talk right after she had made us comfortable and she always knew a cuppa with some biscuits in the mornings would butter me up. "Thanks." I said sitting down on the bed. "Now...what do I need to know Ms. Holly Scally?" I immediately went for the biscuits. I was nervous on what she was about to tell me, and it didn't even matter that it wasn't even 6:30am yet and I was shoving sugar down me throat. I could see her breathing in heavily, so I held onto her hand. "If you're scared, it's going to be alright." I tried to comfort her. "I'm scared Niall..." she looked down. "You don't need to be scared." I rubbed her hand with a smile. "Let me take you out today! Why don't we go ice skating? Like ol' times!" I was excited about the idea. We used to love ice skating back at home, and when we were together we did it most Friday nights - it became a ritual. Her face lightened at the thought. "Okay..." she smiled "My skates are at Perrie's, since the last time I went was with the girls." "Well, we can have some breakfast, have a chilled out morning and then go over to Perrie's to get them!" I said smiling, looking forward to a drama-free day.

We drove around to the East side of London, arriving at Perrie's place a.k.a where you will most likely find every member of Little Mix at a given time. I remember going there with Zayn and those girls would just be everywhere, it was like the Little Mix lair. I smiled to myself at the reference. The lads and I were pretty close with the Little Mix girls, coming off X-Factor and all. Liam knew Jade since before the show, and we got even closer and hung out a lot more when Zayn and Perrie were together. Once we had arrived at her decked out place, it was around midday. Perrie answered the door looking completely fine since last night's ordeal, being tied to the top of a tree and all. "How ya doin' then this mornin' Perrie?" I asked her as she invited us inside for Holly to go find her skates. "I'm fine thanks Niall, just need to move on I suppose. Can't change what happened." She sounded a little awkward. "So where's the rest of the band?" I asked wondering why the house sounded so unusually quiet. "Uhh, Jade is with her family, and the other girls went on a shopping trip that I wasn't really interested in going on today." She answered. "That doesn't sound like you!" I said remembering the bags she would want all of us to help carry in for her everytime she went out. "Uhmm, I'm going to go help Holly find her skates. Make yourself at home!" She politely smiled and walked into another room where Holly was. The atmosphere between us seemed slightly awkward and I wasn't sure if it was because we were both part of last night's nightmare or because I was Zayn's best mate. 

The girls seemed to be taking forever so I wandered into one of the rooms at the opposite end in the house. I was bored and inquisitive, and people usually know how curious I get when exploring. I had never seen this room before, and to be honest didn't even know it existed. The door was halfway open, like someone had rushed out and forgot to shut it completely. I turned on the light and there the walls were filled top to bottom with pictures. Pictures of me, pictures of the lads and pictures of Josh. I immediately burst out laughing. "Aye Perrie!" I yelled. "I see we have a major 1D fan over here!" I was laughing so much by now that I couldn't breathe and you could say liquid was beginning to escape from my eyes. Perrie came rushing into the room like she had seen a ghost. "Little Mix fangirl over One Direction, they even made 1D wallpaper! This is gold!" I laughed at her. "No...uhm...it's my little sister's. You remember my half sister? Caitlin? She's eleven!" She then started trying to usher me out of the room. "Perrie...don't be embarrassed!" I laughed giving her a cuddle. "Want a picture?" I winked. It was then that I noticed every picture of Josh was crossed out in red. I frowned, but didn't really analyse it. Holly had called Perrie over by this time, in which she relunctantly had to leave, but I still lingered around the room. I found pictures of Taylah as well, crossed in red like Josh's, but ripped. I was so confused by this. "Niall! Let's go! I have me skates!" Holly came rushing down the hall in search for me, followed by also a very flustered Perrie. Raising me eyebrows and walking out, I spotted it. The black hoodie. But not just one black hoodie - more than one. Sticking out under the pile of hoodies, was something very recognisable. The bottom half of the scary mask that flashed in my face last night when 'A' left the premises. It can't be Perrie, she was tied up in a tree. I kept thinking over and over again as we left her house. She seemed awfully thankful to get rid of us. It was then that I knew that Perrie had more to do with 'A'. A lot more. 

                                                                                       ***************

Perrie was so thankful to finally get Niall out of her home. She shut the door quickly and began to text the others. She cursed Holly for needing her skates in the first place. Rushing back into her lair, she picked up the outfits and hid them in a safer place than she had before. She could tell Niall was suspicious towards the end of his little visit. She now had to think of something, something to match her innocent little story, something that will get her back on One Direction's good side and what better way to do it, than to play with Zayn's emotions.