Chapter 20

LIAM'S POV

I expected us to have sex in the shower, but we didn't. We both wanted to, and I was hard for her, but I just wanted to take care of her. We made love after the shower, in her bed, and I forced myself to stay awake.

I was expecting her to not be able to sleep, but no. She curled up against me and fell right asleep. I fell asleep just after her.

In a fucking bed.

It's one thirty in the afternoon and I've already been home. I had to use her car, but she would've have gotten mad.

I fixed all the bills there and made sure everything was okay, I got a new phone since mine was left on the plane, I went grocery shopping for my house and for hers, and now I'm sitting on her couch.

She's still asleep.

I don't dare wake her.

The house phone starts ringing.

I snatch it up.

"Hello?"

"You guys are back already?" Mom asks, shocked.

"Yeah, we got in at like, five this morning."

"Wow." She says. "What are you two up to?"

"I've been running errands and everything, Abby's still sleeping."

I'm on speaker.

"She's sleeping?" Mrs. Robinson asks.

"Yeah, we got home and we-" I cut off. "Nevermind."

I hear all of them laughing.

"She's okay though. She's just really tired." I sigh.

"Well, call when she wakes up and maybe we can all meet for dinner tonight?"

"Sure, that sounds great." I say.

We get off the phone, and I lay around.

Finally, at four thirty, she comes out of the bedroom in a thong and my shirt. Her hair is a mess, but she looks well rested.

She already looks so much healthier.

She climbs right on top of me, laying down on my chest like a toddler.

I wrap her in a hug.

"How long have you been up?"

"For about seven hours." I say.

She looks at the time and groans.

"We wasted the whole day." She whines.

"It's okay." I say, rubbing her back. "We have forever."

"What have you been doing?" she asks.

"Well I got up and took another shower, and I went to my apartment to straighten things out. I called Aaron to straighten out work, and then I went grocery shopping for both our houses. I took your car. I hope you don't mind. I filled it up for you. Oh, and I got a new phone."

She yawns, sighing.

"I don't mind. How much was the grocery bill? I'll pay you back."

"You don't have to pay me back."

She sighs.

"How much was the gas?"

"You don't have to pay me for that, either."

She sighs again.

"Everyone wants to meet for dinner. How does that sound?"

"I don't care. We could go to hell. As long as I'm with you, I don't care."