New York

~ 36+ comments on this chapter and 20+ on Lullaby Baby Dont You Cry for Little Miss Skater Girl epilogue. (:

2 months 3 weeks. September 15th 4:00 PM

Tears ran down my face as I held the stick in my hand. Positive. It couldn't be. Not now, not during our brand new start. I'm not ready for this. I slid down to the ground and brought my knees up to my chest, letting out a sob. 3 days. I'm 3 days late. Things have been great here in Cali these last 2 months. I can't shatter it all with a.. A pregnancy.

I ran out of my bathroom and into my bedroom. I grabbed my biggest suitcase, and with tears streaming down my face, I started throwing everything in there.

"Ryleigh?" Roxie appeared in the door way. She looked worried and confused.
"Why are you packing?" She asked, walking over to me.

I shook my head. She sighed and sat next to me, waiting.

"I'm pregnant." I finally whispered, breaking out into more sobs.

~
2 months 3 weeks 4 days

The plane ride seemed to last forever. But when the plane stopped, i walked slowly. Afraid if i walked faster somehow everything would shatter. My peace bag purse slung around my side.

•NEW YORK CITY!•
The place dreams are made!

I glared at the sign and continued walking through the airport, finally finding all my bags and grabbing them. I got a cart thing and pulled them out of the airport, finding a cab.

"Can you take me to 1342 Paralay St?"

The can man nodded and drove through the crowded streets. It seemed like hours before we actually got to my condo. When I stepped out, the scene from yesterday played out in my head.

It shattered my heart into thousands of pieces, I can't believe I lied. I can't believe I left. I hurt them all so much, especially Jc and Roxie. What could i do? I wasn't dragging Roxie down with me. I couldn't pull her out of school, she loved it so much. I couldn't stay and add to the growing stress with a child.

My child.

I pulled all my junk and ran up to my condo, 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms. It was perfect.

I laid my bags on the ground and plopped onto the couch, turning my phone on.

I had a zillion texts, I knew why. Once I left, i knew they would want to how it was. I deleted all their texts and threw my phone on the couch.

"Time to decorate this place." I mumbled.

9 months two weeks. June 20th

"Babies, mama loves ya." I whispered to my big belly, sitting next to Roxie, Alicia and Marco. Since it was summer, Roxie came to visit with Alicia and Marco.

My due date was close, and I was terrified. Not only was I pregnant, but I was having twins. A boy and a girl.

"Have you thought of names yet?" Roxie asked excitedly.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Ebony shy Elliot and Justin Tyler."

They smiled, ooo'ing and aww'ing as I showed them everything. The rooms, pictures and stuff.

It was then I realized how alone I was in New York. I wished I was back in Cali with the gang, but I lied to them. I couldn't face them, with their arms wide open and smile. I couldn't tell them the truth either.

Yes, I am going to school here now. But eventually they got the message I didn't want to talk anymore, once I started ignoring their messages and calls. Coming up with lame excuses and pushing them far away that they stopped reaching out, even Jc. Alicia and Marco were still close with them, I didn't expect them not to be. Alicia and Ricky are actually engaged. Marco found a girlfriend named "Ellie" who I've yet to meet.

I guess they were fine without me after all.