Chapter 7

*trigger warning small hints at attempted suicide, overdose and abuse*

Rosalie's pov
I stared at my phone reading the message over and over. My vision was blurred from the tears pouring out from my eyes. I wanted so desperately to run to him. The feeling of being held by him was so overwhelming. I tried to find the strength to stand up and go to him but I just couldn't. The bottle was emptied and its contents were scattered across the floor. It felt like I couldn't do anything anymore. No I wasn't driven to the point of disappearing because of Michael, there were several reasons. Twitter hate. My alcoholic father surprising me at my house leaving me bloody and bruised. I tried several times to text Michael but I couldn't. He didn't want me I told myself. I wrapped his jacket around me tighter rocking myself back and forwards. Shakenly, I pressed on the call button and listened to it ring. "Hello?" Michael said groggily. Quiet sobs racked through my body as I searched for words. "M-Mi-chael p-p-please come over I need you," I sobbed choking on the words. "Rose baby where are you? What's wrong?"Michael asked his voice laced with fear and I choked out the word home before he hung up on me. My head felt hazy as the room around me began to spin.
Michael's pov
I hung up my phone springing out of bed grabbing a pair of pants. She sounded so desperate and broken and I could hear the pain in her voice. "Mike? Where are you going?," Ashton said sitting up. "Rosalie called me and I just. She needs me Ashton," I said tugging my shoes on. He nodded giving me a thumbs up before I sprinted out of the room.

When the über pulled up to her house, I threw him some money before sprinting out. Reaching for the key under the mat, I unlocked the door stepping inside. The living room was a complete mess. Broken picture frames were scattered across the floor. The lamp was knocked on the ground and the wall had a hole in it. Something about her house felt off. "Rosalie? Princess where are you?," I called walking up the stairs. At the end of the hall, her door was cracked open and loud sobs were escaping through. Rosalie was on the floor in front of her bed wrapped in my hoodie. I softly sat down beside her before trying to pull her into my chest. She screamed at the sudden movement trying to crawl away from me. "Hey hey hey Rosalie it's okay. It's me Michael I'm not gonna hurt you. Let me hold you I'll protect you," I whispered scooting over to her. She slowly pulled her head away from her knees and that's when I saw the bruise covering the right side of her face. I opened my arms letting her crawl in and that's how we stayed for a long time. Just me and her.
Everything felt right holding her in my arms again. Her sobbing calmed down to small sniffles and hiccups. "What happen princess?," I said moving her so she faced me. She wiped her tears before letting out a shaky breathe.
"My dad surprised me after 5 years of not seeing him and of course he was drunk. I said something about me going on tour with you and he snapped throwing picture frames, punching the wall and just going on a rampage... It escalated to the point where he had me pinned against the wall and he was just hitting me. He left after like he always does. You can tell the damage he did on my face but my wrists are bruised and my sides. Michael I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," She said beginning to cry again. "I tried it again. Right before you texted me I had all the pill bottles I could  find and I was ready to leave but I couldn't. I need to be here. Mikey, I don't want to be in this house anymore I'm scared. I'm tired of being alone. Please don't leave me. I need you please don't," She cried her voice breaking. I ran my hand over the bruise on her face before cupping her face.
"Beautiful I could never leave you and I'm so proud of you for not going through with that. I'm sorry I let you walk away from me so easily. I'll never let you go again I promise. You're too precious for this world and I want to be here for you. I want to be your safe place. Somewhere to get disconnected from everything. Your comfort zone. I promise I'll be with you," I said placing my forehead against hers. She sniffled resting her head against my shoulder. I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before standing up, "Come on we're going to bed,"I said stretching out my hand.
"Mikey please no I don't want to b-" "Shh not what I meant. We're going to go back to the hotel room and tomorrow we are coming back to pack your bag for tour. Sound good?" I said pulling her up and she nodded her eyes glancing between mine and my lips. "May I?" I asked pushing her hair behind her ear. She nodded getting on her tiptoes as I kissed her.