Chapter 33

(I don't really have a song for this chapter. I was listening to Ed Sheeran. I love him. And I used the lyrics to "Kiss Me" in here so I guess that's the song of the chapter. lol xD. Love you guys -Alyssa)

***Alyssa's POV***

I got ready to stop by Marcel's. I hadn't planned to or told him I was dropping by. I left my makeup bag in his bathroom and I need to pick it up. I have to go out to dinner with my family tonight.

I didn't really feel like getting in my car to drive down the block. I was just going to walk. I slipped on my Tom's and was out the door. It was a nice day outside. It was early November now, and you could probably start wearing a light jacket.

I was almost at Marcel's house when I spotted a different car parked outside. He was actually in it. With a girl. They were laughing with each other. He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek.

My heart shattered into a million pieces. Why would he do this? I was frozen, like someone glued my feet in place. I couldn't run away or move forward. I couldn't believe my eyes. He looked so happy with her. He looked happy with a girl that wasn't me.

Tears brimmed in my eyes as he opened the car door for her. He took her bag out of the backseat and carried it for her. It was like a replay of Friday night, except with a different girl. Marcel, why? I thought you loved me.

I finally brought myself to run away, I couldn't handle to look at them anymore. I totally forgot my makeup bag. I can't even think straight. A tightness in my chest was forming and my heart was beating rapidly as I ran.

I opened the door to my house and ran upstairs. I closed my door, locked it, and plopped down on my bed. Tears streamed down my face. I tried to stop them but they just kept spilling out of my eyes.

Stop crying, you idiot.

My mind told me. I was trying to stop but they just kept coming. Who was she? She had long brown hair, like mine. But she had blue eyes. I bet he gets lost in them, just the way I get in his green eyes.

She's way prettier than me. I always thought that I never was pretty. Maybe he likes her blue eyes and not my dull brown ones. I thought he loved me?

My confusion only grew every second I thought about it. I wiped my eyes and put on a happy face. I'd have to pretend to be happy at dinner tonight. It's like wearing a mask. You're smiling on the outside, but you're falling apart on the inside.

*****

"You ready, honey?" My mom asked. I grabbed my bag off the kitchen table.

"Yep." I replied, walking out the door. My mom followed behind. I opened the car door and sat in the back. My dad was already in there. I put my earbuds in, not wanting to listen to the music my dad had on.

"Settle down with me,

Cover me up,

Cuddle me in,

Lie down with me,

Hold me in your arms."

The music played through the earbuds. The lyrics reminded me of Marcel. I hated it, it made this hurt more.

***Marcel's POV***

"This house really is beautiful, Marcel." Ashley told me.

"Thanks. My mom should be home soon." I told her.

She looked at me with a smile.

"Okay, do you want to show me your room?" She asked.

I nodded and stood up. I started up the stairs, Ashley followed behind me. I opened my bedroom door.

"Taadaa!" I laughed.

Ashley chuckled and wandered over to my bookcase.

"You have a lot of books." She commented. Her long brown hair flowed down her shoulders.

"Yeah, you know I like to read." I said, happily. I was so glad that Ashley was here.

***Alyssa's POV***

I unplugged my headphones and put them in my bag. I checked my messages. Nothing.

Marcel is probably too busy with that girl. I bit my cheek to not cry again. I felt stupid for crying.

My dad pulled into the parking lot. I spotted my grandpa's car in the parking lot. Put on a happy face, Alyssa. I got out of the car and walked to the door of the restaurant. I held it open for my parents. My grandparents were sitting on a bench inside.

They leaped up and hugged.

"You get more and more beautiful every time I see you!" My grandma complimented. I had to smile, but I'd disagree. I wasn't even wearing makeup because stupid me left my makeup bag at Marcel's house.

The hostess showed us our table and I recognized her. I couldn't quite remember but she looked so familiar.

"What restaurant are we at?" I whispered to my mom.

"Tulia's." I froze. This is the restaurant Marcel took me to. I didn't even notice until now because I can't even think straight. My thoughts were clouded with Marcel and that girl. Then another thought dawned on me.

What if he's here? I don't think I could handle seeing him right now.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." I said and got up abruptly. I walked around the bend toward the bathroom. I stopped in my tracks.

I thought my heart was already broken, but it just broke even more. Marcel was sitting with that girl from earlier.

She was giggling and he was blushing. The same way he blushes in front of me. I only make him blush. That hurt so bad. He started talking to her and I couldn't catch the beginning but I could the last two words of what he said to her.

"So beautiful." He called her beautiful. I thought he only called me beautiful.

You fool.

My mind insulted me. I ran into the bathroom before the tears poured out. I couldn't let him see me, either.

I told myself to stop crying repeatedly but I was unsuccessful.

You are such a loser, sobbing in the bathroom stall.

My mind mocked me. I heard a toilet flush and stopped crying. I put my hand over my mouth to stop the muffled cries. I didn't want the person to think I was crying. I look like shit today.

I wiped my eyes with the toilet paper. I got out of the stall as I heard the person leave. I went to the sinks and looked into the mirror. My eyes were puffy and red.

Who is this girl? I thought I was strong.