Chapter 7

I was scrolling through Instagram when I got a text from Bella. Wow, I guess she's finally talking to me again. I opened my messages and read the message.

I'm sorry. -Bella

     I didn't know how to reply to that.

Ok.

     I replayed the events in my head. Her blowing up at me for being nice to someone. It was her decision for not talking to me. It was her fault.

Do you forgive me?- Bella

     I did. But that doesn't mean I want to be her friend anymore. She showed me what she was truly like. She was using me for popularity, and was a bitch. Without me being popular, she isn't either. That's why she's apologizing.

Yes.

     I waited a few seconds. Then I got her message.

So...can things go back to normal?- Bella

     Now that I realized the truth, no. They can't.

No.

     She was probably so confused. I didn't feel like explaining it to her. There is no reason to. It won't make a difference.

:( Why?- Bella

     I didn't want to do this. It hurts, but I have to.

You don't get it, do you?

Is it Marcel? Because I promise I won't make fun of him again. But you really shouldn't be hanging out with him.- Bella

      She's still trying to tell me what I should or shouldn't do. Unbelievable.

No. But the way you acted made me realize something I should've a long time ago. Goodbye.

      I couldn't be bothered with her anymore tonight. Tomorrow is Friday. Maybe, Marcel and I can hangout. I don't need Bella anymore.

      I tugged the sheets up and fell asleep.

*****

      I ran down the stairs, grabbed my bag, and I had to pick up Marcel. But, I looked out the window and he was already on my step, just outside the front door. His mouth was moving, but I couldn't hear what he was saying so I opened the window. I listened closely.

      "Hey, Alyssa...Hey.... Good morning..." Marcel was practicing what he was going to say when he greeted me this morning. He tried out different words and voices, then shook his head when it didn't sound right. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

     I opened the door. He jumped a little then giggled in embarrassment.

    "Good m-morning, Alyssa." He stuttered nervously.

     He was wearing a woven sweater with Khaki's and of course his glasses. Even though his glasses were big, I could clearly see his sparkling green eyes.

    "Hey, Marcel." I greeted. His eyes not leaving me for a second.

    "We should, uh, get going now." He suggested. I nodded.

     We walked over to my car. Marcel took my bags and put them in the back seat for me. I smiled and jogged around the other side of the car to the driver's side. I sat down and put the key in ignition. Marcel got in seconds later.

     We drove off and I noticed that he was fidgeting a lot. I was about to ask if he was okay, when he finally spoke up.

     "Alyssa?" He said in barely a whisper.

     "Yeah." I answered.

     "I was uh, well, I was wondering if you wanted to h-hang out, to-tomorrow." He stumbled over his words. It was adorable.

     "That's funny. I was just about to ask you the same thing. So yes, Marcel. I'd love to." I replied.

      I noticed his dimples indent in his cheeks even deeper than I'd ever seen before.