Chapter 27

***Marcel's POV***

I got the stuff out of my locker and walked outside to Alyssa's car. I walked over to it and watched her. She had the radio's volume up really loud and was rocking out. I started giggling, she looked so funny but of course she was still beautiful. I went up to the car window and waved my hands, to get her to notice me.

Her cheeks turned red upon sight of me. She leaned forward to turn the volume down, then unlocked the car. I got in and sat in the comfortable seat.

"Um, hey." She greeted, still embarrassed.

"Hi, Alyssa." I'm surprised I didn't stutter, maybe it was that Alyssa was embarrassed for once and not me. The tables had turned for a moment.

"Did you um, see me?" She laughed nervously.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Looked like fun." I continued.

Alyssa nodded in agreement and started pulling out of the parking lot. I'm glad we decided to move on from what happened earlier with Mike. I didn't really want to talk about it. I know Mike deserved it, but I still feel bad. It's just the way I am.

"Do you want to come over for a little? I could use some help on my Algebra homework. But it's okay if you don't want to." Alyssa told me. I smiled at how she thought I wouldn't want to, of course I would.

"Yeah, of course I'll c-come over." I told her.

Alyssa smiled.

*****

Alyssa took out her Algebra homework and put it on her desk, where we'd be working. I sat on her bed.

"Marcel?" Alyssa called. I love hearing her say my name, the way her mouth moves saying it.

"Yeah." I answered.

"I want to get to know you better. Do you want to play like 20 questions or something?" Alyssa blurted out. I thought she wanted to do homework, but I guess we could do this too.

"Yeah, l-let's do that." I agreed.

"When's your birthday?" Alyssa asked, sitting down on the bed next to me. We actually don't know so much about each other, we just get along.

"February 1st. What about y-you?"

"November 17th. What's a food you are addicted to?"

I giggled.

"I-it's a bit strange but uh, m-mandarin oranges." I laughed.

Alyssa chuckled.

"They are good." She agreed.

She looked in my eyes for me to continue, and I realized it was my turn to ask her a question.

"Ok um, cats or dogs?" I asked. I was a cat person.

"Dogs. What's your favorite subject?"

"S-science. What about y-you?"

"Science." She smiled, we shared the same favorite subject.

*****

I learned so much about Alyssa tonight, it was really nice. I liked helping her with her homework too. I followed her down the stairs to the front door. I had to go home now. I didn't want to go, but I had to be home for dinner.

"Thanks for helping me with my homework." Alyssa sweetly told me.

"No problem, A-Alyssa." I meant it.

She smiled then leaned forward. Her lips gently pressed to mine and my heart leapt out of my chest. Her fingers wound in my hair, and I moaned slightly. I love when she does that.

She pulled away, and I suddenly felt cold.

"Ok, b-bye." I said.

"Bye, Marcel." I smiled and walked out of the door.