Attitude ⋙ t h r e e

Katherine froze. It was Merle. Merle made Katherine's skin crawl and just generally sent her over the edge. "Hello Merle. I'm trying to relax before watch this evening." Kat always tried to be polite to him because that was how she was raised, but it was a very difficult task. "Oh Honey why are you always so short with me? So quiet too." Kat felt her heart pounding in her chest. She scanned over the area looking for a way out of this confrontation. She noticed everyone heading to the main camp and she turned to Merle to excuse herself. Before she could speak, Merle said something that made her want to vomit. "I bet I can make you scream." The blood drained from her face. Merle grabbed her wrist and pulled her into him. Katherine was panicking and was very relieved when Carl and Sophia ran up to them. "Ms. Kat, everyone needs to be back at camp." Kat forced a smile. "Sophia honey, you can just call me Kat." Sophia beamed. "But we're on our way." Sophia and Carl ran back to camp and Kat jerked her arm out of Merle's grasp. "Don't touch me again." Merle sneered at her. "I'm gonna break you one day, Bitch." Kat sent a final glare his way and made her back to camp.

xxx

Everyone was gathered in the center and Dale, an older man with an RV, was talking. "Okay, now that everyone is here, we need to do a run." Katherine looked around while everyone chattered. "Any volunteers?" Daryl, Merle's brother, shook his head no. "I'm goin' huntin'." Dale nodded. "I'll go." Merle said with gusto. Kat rolled her eyes and huffed. Shane glanced at her, but looked away when Lori caught him. The tension was thick in the air and Katherine didn't know how to handle it. A couple of other people had volunteered to go during the awkward exchange. T-Dog, a black guy, Glenn, an Asian guy and Morales, a hispanic guy were the newest. The final member was Andrea. Of fucking course. Katherine hated Andrea. She was that girl that tried way too hard to be one of the guys and it pissed Katherine off. Kat was over it and she walked away from the group. Before she knew it the smaller group was loading up to go out and Shane walked up next to her. "Baby Girl whats wrong?" Kat shot him a look. "It's Merle. It's always Merle." Shane grimaced. "What did he do this time?" Katherine sighed. "I'll tell you about it during watch. I'm still trying to calm down. Plus, here comes my mother." Shane rolled his eyes and Lori stomped up to the pair. "Trying to sneak away again? Huh?" Kat rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to speak. Before she could get any words out Lori cut her off. "Don't open your mouth. I already told you how I feel. Shane, how dare you sleep with my baby girl. Your best friend's daughter. Absolutely disgusting." Shane scowled. Another reason Shane and Katherine had issues getting along was the fact that they both had crazy attitude problems. Shane's was about to show its self. "Lori. I am NOT sleeping with your daughter. I would NEVER do that to Rick. If you maybe paid attention to someone other than yourself you would see that Merle Dixon had a fascination with your daughter. When I flirt with her, he leaves her the hell alone. Now, would you rather have Merle attack your baby, or would you rather me flirt with her just a little to get him the fuck away from her?" Lori was definitely taken aback by this. Kat was stunned. Shane had never spoken like that to Lori and it kind of threw her for a loop. Lori closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Well I'm sorry that I don't pay enough attention to my grown daughter for you, Shane, but I have a son that needs guidance." Shane rolled his eyes and grunted. "Well your daughter may be grown, but she needs some goddamn guidance too. Kat, I'm going to go rest before watch tonight. I will see you later." Shane shot one last glare at Lori and stomped off to his tent. "Katherine." Lori turned to her with a guilty look on her face. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Merle was doing that to you. Why didn't you tell me?" Kat sighed and crossed her arms. "Because you're preoccupied with Carl and I didn't want to cause you anymore stress. Shane and I have it under control." Lori nodded. "Well, I was worried because I know you've always had a little crush on Shane." Katherine felt her face flush a bright red. Was Lori wrong? No. Not at all. But how does she know? "I uh, mom. No I don't." Katherine stammered. Lori cracked a grin. "Well, you are welcome to come back to the tent this evening." Kat was still bright red but she nodded. "Well, thanks Mom. I'm going to go get some sleep before watch." Lori nodded and Kat wandered off to the tent. When she got there, Carl was inside. "Get out, Nerd." Carl rolled his eyes. "What? Are you waiting for your boyfriend Shane?" Carl said Shane's name with a flirty tone and Kat rolled her eyes. "Are you gonna kiss him?" Carl asked in his normal annoying voice. "Shut up Carl!" Kat exclaimed as she threw a shirt at him. "Go play with your little girlfriend, Loser." Carl turned bright red and he got up and left. Kat laughed and laid down. Finally time to rest.

xxx

Katherine was awoken abruptly by the sound of a car alarm. "What?" She mumbled. Had someone been fucking around with one of the vehicles? I'm willing to bet Carl ran into one of the cars. The eldest Grimes child stretched and made her way out of the tent. Everyone still at camp was in a tizzy. Katherine walked up to Amy, Andrea's younger sister, the one Kat preferred. "Hey, Amy. What's going on?" the blonde looked at Kat. "Honestly I have no idea." The answer wasn't sufficient so Kat jogged over to Shane, Lori and Carl. "Do y'all know whats happening?" Shane shook his head and ran up to the RV. "Talk to me Dale." "I can't tell yet!" Confusion now ran rampant around the camp. Amy ran up to Shane. "Is it them? Are they back?" Dale kinda smirked. "Well, I'll be damned." Katherine cocked a brow. "What is it?" Amy asked. "A stolen car is my guess." As soon as Dale made the comment a bright red Challenger pulled into camp. The horn was still blaring but Glenn stepped out and greeted everyone. Before anyone would respond, everyone started freaking out about the horn. Shane ran up demanding that Glenn pop the hood. "Pop the damn hood!" Glenn looked panicked and was ambushed with more questions from Amy. "My sister Andrea..." Glenn looked at Amy "Is she okay? Is she alright?" Glenn quickly responded with multiple yesses. Kat was kind of in a daze. So much was happening at one time and she didn't know how to handle it. She looked around and was aware that Shane was yelling and Glenn was defending himself but she couldn't make out any words. Kat was brought out of her trance when she saw a truck pull up. She stared at it and heard Morales say: "Come meet everybody." People began to reunite and Kat scanned the area for the new person. Shane exchanged a few words with Morales and then a shocked looked formed on his face. Shane began to walk up to the truck and Kat followed. As soon as her eyes fell on who it was she began to tear up. This can't be real. Is this a dream? Please, please be real. To put it simply, Katherine was in shock. It was her daddy.